LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarvesh Kumar Sharma Advocate (Advocacy)     15 September 2009

Delhi HC: Lawyers request to allow arguing in hindi in court

SHRI MAAN ASHOK AGARWAL JI KA ATI UTTAM VICHAR HAI,MAIN USKA SAMMAN KARTA HOON.

Learning

14 Replies

SHRI MAAN ASHOK AGARWAL JI KA ATI UTTAM VICHAR HAI,MAIN USKA SAMMAN KARTA HOON.

GOOD THOUGHT OF MR.ASHOK AGRAWAL I RESPECT THEIR VIEWS.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 September 2009

SABSE PAHALE UCHCHTAM NYAYALAYA SE AARAMBH HONA CHAHITYE. JO BARE KARATE HAIN WAHI CHHOTE SEEKHATE HAIN.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     15 September 2009

It is good idea. We have already created chaos by creating linguistic States. Now all the judgements will be in the regional languages. The result? No high court will be able to quote those judgements. For instance, what will happen to a judgement pronounced in Malayalam?  Assam High Court will quote it ? I wholeheartedly support the suggestion. More the merrier. The pendency of cases will increase exponentially.

shakil ahmed (lawyer)     16 September 2009

English givesIndian  remarkable edge over others. Learning law  is no less difficult than learning English. About overwhelming number students learn English. Remove everything which appear difficult to some group.  Even God does not listen to such short sighted prayers. Rain or more rain or no rain. Just push Non hindi belt to oceans. Let those who are weak in English not join Legal profession.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     16 September 2009

Much touted phrase "Unity in diversity". Let judgements in all the high courts be delivered in their respective regional languages.

When you write a letter to Maharashtra Government, it replies in Marathi. Similarly, all the State governments are using their regional languages in sending replies. Thus, a citizen shall have replies to his communications in all the languages giving the all India character of our country. 

The beauty is that letters written in say Kannada are not understood by Kannada speaking people. This applies to all the languages. Thanks to spoken language and the language used by Government.  The process of Balkanization of India started in 1956 when we reorganized the States on linguistic basis creating Satraps in each State and encouraged chauvinistic and fissiparous tendencies. India is one only in respect of currency, railways, defence, RBI, foreign affairs, postal communications. Mao Tse Tung said: Let hundred flowers bloom. We should create so much chaos that no one could control the disunity of India.

kulajit medhi (advocate)     19 September 2009

its quite dificult for non hindi speaking if hindi language is allowed in hon'ble high court, so pls if u don't want to argue in english practice at lower court.. sorry for hard word but i m help less....

shakil ahmed (lawyer)     20 September 2009

Those who are arguing English are myopic - can't see end to end, corner to corner of the whole thing. Had English not been there already india would have been in dilemma over chosing one language. If proceedings in high court had been in regional languages it would have been such a chaos. If matriculate  typists and stenos can draft and type in English why not lawyers can speak and write   English.

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     20 September 2009

They are not serious about it. Like politicians they want to hog the limelight. Do something to remain on page 3 and come on media and be part of drawing room discussion and then laugh it away.

They are such a beycharas poor pitiable things.

One of my friends told me that they are those class of lawyers who have entered profession through back doors and short cuts. They have formed the group under the clever garb of Asssociation.

yogesh (will tell you later)     31 October 2009

Monopoly of english may get stopped if hindi language will be implemented

yogesh (will tell you later)     31 October 2009

language may not be barrier for any success

we may need change

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     31 October 2009

Yes I remember that Vajpayee, as Foreign Minister of India in Janta Party regime, went to the U.N. and delivered his speech in Hindi, a language not used by the world body. India spent tonnes of money in creating that facility for just one speech.

That effort is lost in the oblivion and is part of history. Please tell us why Hindi should be given the eminence in preference to Tamil or Malayalam. Does democracy works here? Is it because Bihar, M.P., Haryana, Rajasthan and U.P. have adopted Hindi as their official language. Every 10 KM Hindi is spoken differently in these States.

We have inherited the system of administration that is English. Before English rule, India was never a nation - it was divided into 650 princely States each a sovereign nation. 

You have every right to propagate your views to make Hindi the NATIONAL language or COURT language or the LINGUA FRANCA of India. Given the diversity, I know it cannot be done and there is no reason why I should change my opinion.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register