LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr manoj Kumar Paul (Principal)     01 April 2014

Deletion of email

I am principal of a college. I have deleted an email from the inbox of officially used email ID for the library without the consent of the librarian in the office using the laptop provided to the librarian by the college. The email was not an important one and that has not caused any kind of loss to the college or to the librarian. As the head of the institute can I do that or it is a legal offence?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     01 April 2014

As far as damages not causing to the institution, no offence. Any way the deleted email can retrieve, no problem at all.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 April 2014

Well advised by my friend learned Mr. Ramachary. There is no wrong in deleting the email occasionally  but do not make it a practice because it may become a problem for you in a different form at one stage if not controlled when things are within the limit.

Dr manoj Kumar Paul (Principal)     03 April 2014

Sir,

Thank you for your suggestion and advice.

The fact is as under:

On 02-01-2014 a hard copy of an email dated 05-09-2013, was handed over to me by my head assistant saying that an email was sent from my ID. the content of the email was as under:

"Subject: You must read this

From: Dr. Manoj Kumar Paul <manoj_paul47@rediffmail.com>Thu.5 Sep'13 8:49p

To: <vchandra009@gmail.com>

Show Full Headers         View blocked images

Hi, how are you doing? Losing weight is the best thing I've done in my life. http//bitly.com/1aT0Jui

It's free to try, what do you have to lose? Please let me know how well  it works for you."

Going through the hard copy of the email I was rather surprised to note that the mail is dated 5th Sept. 2013 but the matter is being informed to me on 02-01-2014, i.e. after nearly 4 months

Secondly, it was addressed to some vchandra009@gmail.com, who is totally unknown to me but it is allegedly received by the lady librarian at the college libraian's official email id at rediffmail.com, which is impossible in normal emailing system.

Thirdly, no such mail was sent by me.

Fourth, I checked my sent mail box but no such mail was found.

Fifth, I checked my contact list but no such contact with vchandra009@gmail was found.

The lady librarian charged that there was an objectionable picture in this email which was not shown in the hard copy.

After getting the hard copy I thought that it was perhaps the act of some hacker and accordingly I sent alert to all of my contacts that my email was hacked in the month of September 2013.

On 02-01-2014 I tried to check the webpage link that was claimed to have some objectionable image but surprisingly no such web page was available.

I thought that  either the librarian or the head assistant is trying to blackmail me for some reasons.

I planned to file an FIR at the local PS. But on 03-01-2014 there was a Strike in the city and as a result it was not possible to lodge the FIR.

On 04-01-2014, before lodging the FIR I wanted to confirm whether any such mail had been received by the librarian or not and went to her chamber. I asked her that if she had received any such mail on 5th Sept. 2013 then for what reason she had not informed the matter to me earlier and what was the reason to send the hard copy through the head Assistant of the college.

Her reply was that she was hesitating to tell the matter me. Then i asked that you hesitated to inform the matter to your Principal but not to the Head Assistant who is also a male.

However, I requested to open her mail box and show me the mail.

She opened her mail box and exactly the above text was found in her Rediffmail ID. But there was no any picture or image. I asked her that if the mail was addressed to vchandra009@gmail.com then how it was received by you in your rediffmail account? There was no answer. I asked her about the image, then her reply was there was a bad image at the right had top corner at that time.

I was really very angry to listen all these bogus words and out that I deleted the mail from her inbox.

After this she along with the head assistant and some other teachers of the college, made it a big issue and accused me that I had sent an objectionable email to the lady librarian and when the matter came to their knowledge I had forcefully deleted the same from her account.

Here to note that the email Id in which she received the mail is not her personal id but it was created for all official communications of the library.

Now I am very much in trouble as the group is trying at every level to malign my image in the society. Not only this but they are demanding my resignation on this issue.

I request you to provide me suggestion and guidance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register