Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajeshvravanappan (training manager)     18 June 2014

Delay in acceptance of notice period

Dear Sir,

I need support on this:

I sent my resignation letter 2 days back to my reporting manager CC to HR, (both by mail & hard copy), but to receive offer & appointment letter from new company they demand acceptance of resignation letter.

But my reporting manager tells now, it will take 1 week time for just give acceptance itself.

My question is:

1) is there any TAT for giving acceptance on resignation letter?
2) once issue notice but pending for acceptance.. what it means.. am I in notice period or not (I've given 1 month notice)?
3) Is there any procedure to move HR directly, in case my reporting manager purposely delaying things?

4) if they don't reply till my last working day as I mentioned in resignation letter, what should I do?

I need this in urgent base.. Plz suggest..

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 June 2014

There should be NO such condition for issuance of Offer letter!

Rather in offer letter selected candidate should get position for which selected, location, remuneration, etc………….T&C inserted that he/she may initiate resignation with current employer, so that if offer letter is withdrawn candidate can claim compensation from future employer.

TAT if any in current employer would be explained in flow chart of HR manual…………………….

Otherwise company should issue acknowledgment and thereafter acceptance.

Resignation can be without permission and notice.

Resignation should be addressed to appointing authority and sent by redg. post preferably.

If employee has initiated separation by notice of resignation the notice period shall start from date of notice.

Submit reminders and add that NO Tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge.

rajeshvravanappan (training manager)     18 June 2014

Originally posted by : Kumar Doab

There should be NO such condition for issuance of Offer letter!

Rather in offer letter selected candidate should get position for which selected, location, remuneration, etc………….T&C inserted that he/she may initiate resignation with current employer, so that if offer letter is withdrawn candidate can claim compensation from future employer.

TAT if any in current employer would be explained in flow chart of HR manual…………………….

Otherwise company should issue acknowledgment and thereafter acceptance.

Resignation can be without permission and notice.

Resignation should be addressed to appointing authority and sent by redg. post preferably.

If employee has initiated separation by notice of resignation the notice period shall start from date of notice.

Submit reminders and add that NO Tasks are pending at your end and to whom you should handover the charge.

Thanks Sir..

Really useful inputs..

I plan to follow up with reminders.. and now I don't have fear on losing new offer 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register