LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh   27 May 2018

Deficiency of Services.

My sole purpose of approaching this site is to week justice. Last week, I and my family (spouse and 2 children) planned a trip for 3 days to Mysore, Ooty, & Coonoor on dates May 18, 19, 20). We made advance online booking at first hotel in Mysore by making full payment online at 3 hotels (18th @ Hotel Ganesh Palace, Mysore, and the rest 2 days, 19th&20th at Hotel Blue Hills, Coonoor. We reached Mysore early morning at 5 am at Hotel Ganesh Palace, Mysore on 18th. As anyone would have thought, we asked the hotel person to allot us the room for which we made online payment. He checked his register and said our check-in time is 12 pm to 12 pm and he could not allot us the room. So I was now in a dilemma. We reached the hotel 7 hours before and what we do until 12 pm? We hadn't even brushed our teeth and hadn't gone to bathroom. I thought for a while and asked if I could cancel the earlier booking and provide me another room instead. He was ready to give another room, but not willing to cancel the earlier instead he was expecting me to pay more for the second booking. I was fed up with such attitude as we travelled a long distance and all of them were tired and ready to lie on bed. I felt he was taking advantage of our helplessness. Anyway I was not ready to pay him one more time and left in search of another hotel and took a room. Our mood was spoiled because of his behaviour. I need an action or suggestion from your side for the above attitude of the hotel person. Second case was at Coonoor, Hotel Blue Hills on May 19 and May 20, where we made full payment for both days in advance online. When we called the hotel the day before, on May 18th, we were told by the person there that they haven't received any confirmation about our booking in their records. We were stunned to hear that. They asked to confirm us with the agent, cleartrip. How could we go to the hotel from Ooty without their confirmation? This was another blow to us since we paid and had to wander in search of rooms. So I opted for cancellation and refund in hopes of receiving atleast my 2-days' money back; but I was mistaken. Instead I got an automated tax invoice in my mail box saying my refund was Rs. 0. He gave a list of convenience and service charges added to the invoice to make our refund nil (even without our stay at the hotel). Now I ask is this justice? In my terms, it is looting people online by promising rooms. Whoever the culprit (the hotel or the agent), we are sufferers because of their attitude or negligence. I request you to look into this matter and help me and many others who book online and fall in the trap of such fraudsters. I want justice in this matter.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register