LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

balaji n   06 November 2017

Deficiency in service of railway staff

Railway staff at ticket counter asked me pay more amount without considering the concession details mentioned in form. I asked for details of the amount he said he didnt know about the concession. But i have mentioned it clearly (under concession/travel authority no column) mentioned in reservation form. But he didnt notice it because he was watching movie in his mobile phone with headset in his ears and booked tickets without properly looking at the form. He asked me to pay but i refused and lodged a complaint at that office by writing it in the complaint book placed their. He cancelled that ticket and because of his inefficiency and carelessness, movie interest I once again filled up a fresh form and got my tickets.

Can I approach consumer court for deficiency of service and compensation for mental agony suffered by me ?

Learning

5 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     06 November 2017

Yes you can file consumer complaint even when you lodge complaint in complaint book.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     07 November 2017

Did u raise any objection when he is watching the movie on his mobile during working hours?

balaji n   07 November 2017

yes i raised objection after that he removed headset from one ear(earlier headset were on both ears) and started arguing with me and asking me to pay the incorrect amount and quoted " how will i know that there is a concession" this after me clearly mentioning about the concession details in the form at appropriate space provided.

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     09 November 2017

If you file a complaint before the Consumer Court it will be against the railways and the railways will try to defend themselves in the consumer court and, if required, defend the booking clerk also. The booking clerk will go scot-free. You should have videoed the booking clerk himself on your mobile phone and complained to the higher authorities in railways. Then only there is a chance of punishing the booking clerk. The purposes of writing in the complaint book and complaining before consumer court are different. Writing in the compalint book is against the booking clerk. Complaint before the Consumer Court is against the railways.

Lt COL R S shekhawat (Senior manager)     18 February 2018

You should have compliant this episode after recording the events in your mobile to superior staff calling railway help line number 

Or 

Visited Sr officer office then

Now no point in consumer court etc 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register