Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     14 September 2012

Defence at later stage

Hi Friends , 

There is 138 case from last 6 years in court , i m from accused side from comming date ( 25/09/2012) , stage of case - both the evidences have been closed , last three dates wasted for want of final arguments .  There were some facts disclosed by complainant in cross which were not picked by defence , for this two more witnesses are required to defend the case , at this stage i will produce Vakaltnama in my name on comming date ,  i want to call these two witness in my favour at this stage , pl suggest me proper way with help of some judgement available .

Learning

1 Replies

LAXMINARAYAN - Sr Advocate. ( solve problems in criminal cases. lawproblems@gmail.com)     14 September 2012

Certain things only advocates can handle which are beyond your perception.

1) Suppose you want call your witness, first court may not allow it.

2) If allowed the other side will have opportunity to cross them and it is just not possible for a commone witness to withstand cross by an expert advocate.

3) The same opportunity you have while cross of complainant which you missed.

4) Now at this late stage find some real technical issue with will depend on the facts and curcumstances of your case and go in revision so that you may get time.

5) You must remember that revision / appeal after final verdict of the lower court will not  have much force.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register