Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashu (Manager)     29 January 2015

Defame company director

Dear Seniors,

I just wanted to ask regarding the defamation law in India.

Actually my previous company didn't pay my 4 months pending salaries , bonus and LTA. I have been following up with them over phones and through e mails as well. Earlier they have said that they will do the settlement by 15 dec-2014 but till now they haven't done it . Company director has now stopped replying on my mails and nor receiving my phone calls.

Can i  have a right to defame the company director and company on social media and in the business community.?

Does the director has a right to sue me for this?

Please guide me.

Best Regards.

Learning

2 Replies

ROHIT SHARMA (Legal Advisor )     29 January 2015

1. Why resort to such action. Instead file a summary civil suit seeking recovery of all your outstanding dues.  If you defame the company on a public platforms you can be sued for libel.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     29 January 2015

You can approach:

Employee's Unions,Trade Unions and they can circulate the issue to all members.....and know precise ways to make such Unscrupulous employers popular including by press release/bytes to media 

Inspector appointed under Payment of Wages Act (applicable to all employees  drawing wages upto Rs.18000/pm), Shops and Commercial Establishments Act (if it is covered by the Act)

O/O labor Commissioner

R

Thru RPFC in nearest PF office ::::: if wages are not paid and hence PF contributions are  not paid.........and EPFO maintains defaulters list on its website......

Jurisdictional ESIC offcie :if ESIC is aplicable

ITO-TDS where your file ITR if Form16 is not supplied and TDS is not deposited and CIT-TDS where company files ITR......

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register