Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Neha Nirmal (Student)     04 February 2016

Defamation by my ex-husband

Hi all,

My name is Neha , was married for 4 years.  I recently got the marriage dissolved without seeking for any alimony,  on mutual consent.

Abt my ex : He works for an MNC , at an higher rank. Marriage life was not an  easy-going one,  with all the in-laws and ex pestering, abusing. I was in severe depression and have had taken sessions too. He had so many allegations filed against me, wherein I did file a descent reason for the divorce.

Now everything being dissolved , my ex is going around my neighborhood and relatives defaming me, making malicious statements  abt my character and my family's, to the extend that I'm not willing to leave my home. I am gng nuts, when people cum telling me the stories he has been spreading, affecting my day-to-day life. I have opted to do my further studies and he has gained the knowledge of the same, to slander me among my college-mates too. 

I am irresolute and want your valuable advice on how to  make him understand to stop all these dramas, be it legally or by an warning.

Thanks in advance,

Neha.

Learning

10 Replies

b.goheel   04 February 2016

frm ur diff. threads in this platform, come to knw abt grave pain.u hv beared all the while.
1]  https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Dispute-with-the-ownership-436721.asp#.VrL-k45YVQA Dispute with the ownership (Property Law)

2]  https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Domestic-violence-103391.asp
      Discussion > Civil Law > Others > Domestic violence

may god give u strength to bear.

Neha Nirmal (Student)     04 February 2016

@Mrs.Renuka chuadhury- thanks for the reply. Thats true, but My ex is a guy who wouldnt retreat for all those backfiring, which we have done tons of times to settle it. And what am I supposed to do with this kind of psychopath.  Maybe a legal action against, I suppose would relieve me and which I seek help for to proceed.

@by.goheel- thanks a lot for trailing back to my older posts and feeling the pinch. That really was uplifting.

Kamal Grover (Advocate High Court Chandigarh M:09814110005 email:adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com)     04 February 2016

You can file case of defamation against him and file criminal case of threats.

Good luck.

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

(Guest)

If he is so jealous of you even now, why did he lose you?

Based on my experience I will tell.

In cases like this, no use going to court.

When you have tried all options, learn to ignore.  Thats all.

SuperHero (Manager)     05 February 2016

Originally posted by : Neha Nirmal
Hi all,

My name is Neha , was married for 4 years.  I recently got the marriage dissolved without seeking for any alimony,  on mutual consent.

Abt my ex : He works for an MNC , at an higher rank. Marriage life was not an  easy-going one,  with all the in-laws and ex pestering, abusing. I was in severe depression and have had taken sessions too. He had so many allegations filed against me, wherein I did file a descent reason for the divorce.

Now everything being dissolved , my ex is going around my neighborhood and relatives defaming me, making malicious statements  abt my character and my family's, to the extend that I'm not willing to leave my home. I am gng nuts, when people cum telling me the stories he has been spreading, affecting my day-to-day life. I have opted to do my further studies and he has gained the knowledge of the same, to slander me among my college-mates too. 

I am irresolute and want your valuable advice on how to  make him understand to stop all these dramas, be it legally or by an warning.

Thanks in advance,

Neha.

As suggested you can file a defamation case. Again Lawyer, Court, Pay money etc.,

Remember Courts need evidences...

Or Ignore

Or here is my 2 cents...Move to a  different place(City) all together...don't let every one know where you are..You are not hiding or running away from people.

You are making yourself secure and moving towards life in a positive way.

Positive People and Positive energy is required...People who are gossip mongers will bring all kinds of news every day to you because they don't have any other work.

As the adage says - Idleman's brain is devils workshop.

So find New Work, New Place, New People and Things will Change automatically....

Wish You Good Luck..

Neha Nirmal (Student)     05 February 2016

@ All - thanks for the replies. So if filing a case against is gonna be taxing, can i lodge a complaint at the local police station, bcoz I can't discontinue my studies and transit to a different place.  And this isnt abt being jealous, its the crab mentality " if i cant be happy, neither can you" . As my environment is  very sensitive , thriving is my issue. My doubts are, 

1. Is there a necessity to submit a statement/ being present in-person from/by the people he has been spreading the word?

2. What would be the action taken and is there a provision for injunction kinda thgs?

Thanks a lot for all ur patience and enlightenment.

Born Fighter (xxx)     05 February 2016

Nehaji,

In one of your old posts ....https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Domestic-violence-103391.asp, ------------------- you have mentioned that your husband is very supportive in all terms and it was your SIL/MIL /Fil who were trouble makers in your marriage. You have urself stated your husband was good......then what led to divorce and that too if it has happened by MCD & wihout alimony then why the bad blood.....what issues ur ex has with you now ??? only you and your ex would know.

If you were right and he was wrong then why are you getting affected ?? Just ignore...the more you go on the backfoot the more courage ur ex will have to badmouth you. How long will he invest his time in badmouthing you & how long will people hear the same stories ??? If you do not pay any heed he will realize he is wasting his time. Also remember everyone expecially the so called society has a shortlived memory, people move on and you too should.

Dont think about legal case or going elsewhere, be there and fight it out. If you runaway then you will keep running from your past for your entire Life !!!

Neha Nirmal (Student)     05 February 2016

@born.fighter- thanks for dropping by. Yes I did quote that the person was of support, but ain't it the person would be the same forever. There  were lots of misunderstandings building up and the endnote led to MCD. At the end of the day, bygones r bygones.

Most of 'em here, 've suggested to take a stand for myself wherein, have already been put in place. I was looking for the further step to alarm him restrain his activities. However, everythg sums up to  be fruitless and tiring.

@all-  thanks all for the appreciating opinions and suggestions which was of great use. 

I would like to close out the post hereafter.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     06 February 2016

Hmmm, well advised by the experts.

Samir N (General Queries) (Business)     09 February 2016

I know the post is closed... but my two cents advice for those who visit it in the future:

Not that I am very philophical myself, but there are times when old philosophy is practical and profitable. The old philosophy that is applicable here is YOU CANNOT CONTROL OTHERS' BEHAVIOR BUT YOU CAN CONTROL HOW YOU REACT TO OTHERS' BEHAVIOR.  Indian Courts will not give much justice to defamation cases, not in the short run anyway... there will be appeals and counter-appeals and the matter will drag on. Filing a police complaint in such situations is  a matter of who pays more to the police. Thats reality on such matters. 

Any person impacted by the negative behavior of his/her ex- should simply ignore the behavior and let it be known to others around that you simply do not care for what he/she has to say and do not even want to listen to it. THAT AND THAT ALONE WILL PUT AN END TO THE TORTURE.  A divorce is a permanent separation. Pursuing cases post-divorce is extending the very torture that led to the divorce in the first place. Ignoring a person is the best insult... takiing congnizance of his/her behavior is the highest tribute you can pay to a loser...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register