Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vamshi (Consultant)     01 September 2013

Defamation and harrasment

Lawyer Needed.

Hi Professionals,

I need help with some precarious situation.

I work in an IT company. There was certain misunderstanding between myself and Security staff in the previous location where I have worked. i have realised that they were spreading information that I treat women indecently and approach them asking for favours. If that was really the case, Some women might have complained to HR with evidence and necessary action could have taken place straighaway. Since I didnot do any thing wrong I was very confident and kept walking infront of them with very confidence and sometimes looked very seriously at them to warn them not to harrass me where ever I go because I did not do any mistake. Just to show their power they kept spreading this nonsense about me whereever I go following me in cameras from person to person. When I was facing them they looked at me with respect but at my back they are murmuring and shouting.  

Now I moved to different location within the same company, Same thing is following me again and its intensity is increasing day by day. The are trying to conspire against me by making their female staff to create trap and gather some evidence. I realised this by their behaviour and being very careful while speaking to them. So they are trying this desperately every day and it has been 1 and half month since this nonsense started. I think they just wanted to show their power and take vengeance for looking at them seriously.

I'm feeling harrassed and tortured by these security staff. I'm completely depressed by this behaviour and worried about my image in the company. I dont understand why they are not complaining my HR straight away if I have done something seriously wrong and take necessary action then and there.  

I'm just trying to get some evidence about what exactly they are spreading among security and cleaning staff about me, so that my HR personnel will start investigation, capture evidence and keep those records confidentially, along with the names of persons involved.

This has caused complete depression and mental trauma in me that everybody is looking at me like a criminal whereever I go, for which I have done nothing wrong.

I want to sue this Private Security Company for harrassment, mental torture, defamation etc.

Please help me on how to approach the court and I need a good lawyer in Bangalore who can deal this situation very effectively.

Learning

4 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     01 September 2013

you probably have no proof.

R.Venkatesan (Advocate - Madras High Court)     01 September 2013

Just don't bother about the proof, find a good lawyer and the rest is easy.

Prashant Agnihotri (Lawyer)     01 September 2013

Hi dear,Don't worry, if you want relief from this harassment ,you need to go in this way-

1.Complaint the HR department,in a written application by mentioning of name of only one culprit, if you give the name of all culprits,they will unite against you.

2.If harrassment is continue & not stopped,then you need to again file the fresh complaint to the HR department,by mentioning all the details of harassment.

3.At this time,you have two copies of complaint filed by you.if harrassment is not stopped,then you need to file an FIR in the nearest police station or you can also file an complaint in front of the respective magistrate.

these simple steps will stop the harrassment immediately,you dont  need to go with any lawyer,there is no need of proof.After filing of two application infront of the HR,you can also man handle the one of the culprit.ok

1 Like

Vamshi (Consultant)     02 September 2013

Thanks for the valuable information

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register