LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help Require   18 June 2015

Defamation against domestic violence

My wfie filed case against me and my parents under domestic violence 2005 with all false allegations. She was not proved any allegation inside court. I win this case all most. She prayed for 20L as I defamed her image, she required 30K as interim maintanance and she require marriage expense as 10L. I submitted her salary slip, bank statement as proved that she is earning 50,000/- INR per month. Even I mentioned true information as like gold and other articles in our customdy. Also I shared everything with true information inside the court with evidence proved that I never did domestic violence. Only qurrel happend due to some family issue as like nature doesn't match and family issues.

But our image get defame by all this false allegations. She and her family harras a lot while she stayed with us. Can i pray for 10L as she defame our image with false allegations?. She filed wrong case on us.

Please let me know what will happend if we pray of 10L as she filed wrong case and defame our image with false allegations.

Learning

6 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     18 June 2015

Defamation of character is a wrongful act where someone makes a false statement of fact about you, and your reputation suffers harm as a result. You have to show the documents to  prove that how must money you lost to claim the damages from other party. 

saravanan s (legal advisor)     18 June 2015

have you got the decree in dv case?once after getting the decree  do you want your wife to join you in the matrimonial home?answers to these questions are important to guide you

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     18 June 2015

first close the dv case and after obtaining the judgement order in your favour then you decide for filing the defamation because all depends what will be the final verdict without that if you file then it may back tract your present case wholly

agreeing with learned advocate mr.mahesh

Help Require   18 June 2015

Thank you Saravan, Ram and Mahesh sir,

I filed divorce case against her. Now even she is interested to come in our house. Still we not accept her. Because she defame our image and also she and her mother slapped me. Any family will not accept girl  who slapped her husband in public place.

Please let me know your feedback. What is meaning of decree copy ?.. When I will get it ?.. decree means  is it final judegement ?.. We almost win this case. 

Thanks for your respose..

Have a nice day.. 

decree means final judgement in the case.once if you prove that your wife had filed false dv case on you that itself becomes a ground for divorce on groounds of cruelty

refer this link

https://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/false-charges-of-domestic-violence-is-ground-for-divorce-sc/article1-1235737.aspx

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register