LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     17 October 2017

Defamation

My name was mentioned in a court order. (Not a judgment.) The order said that as I was working in a particular place on that date (date of alleged conspiracy) and hence participated in a conspiracy. The order said that this information is as reported by a DYSP. Actually, I retired from that place a few days ago. Can I approach a court of law for defamation against judge and the DYSP? If not what are the other remedies for me to correct that order. (I was not a party in the case.)

Learning

4 Replies

manoj   17 October 2017

you have right to file defamation suit and Malicious prosecution

manoj

advocate

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     17 October 2017

Anything wrongly mentioned in the order by the concerned judge can be got amended by moving application in this regard. The judge is not party to the case and he mentions in the order what is mentioned by the parties/their advocate in the court, sometimes by mistake something is got noted in the order which may be act of defamation mentioned by either party, the judge may have forgot to note that the particular incidence as being mentioned to him by the party/advocate of the party, just by missing to state this sentence can be taken as typographic mistake and can be corrected.

However if the party mentions something which is incorrect and is being told just to insult the other party than it can said to be attracting for defamation, one can make criminal/civil case for defamation against such utterance or mention in the public place namely, the courtroom before the judge.

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     18 October 2017

Thank you. I may file an application.

Hope, I can do it without an advocate.

Regards

Dr T A Vasu.

Dr T.A.Vasu (Retired Professor of surgery)     18 October 2017

Thank you.

Dr T A Vasu

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register