Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

perm32 (Asst Professor)     03 July 2014

Defamation

Hello,

I would like to get your advice on defamation case to be filled against my father-in-law (FIL). He has been spread false allegations to my relatives about me. I came to know about this through one of my relatives. I have a telephone call recording evidence wherein my relative told me that my father-in-law discussed a certain allegations about me with him. Although I have not heard the allegations directly from my father-in-law. In fact, my FIL has mentioned this allegations to a few of my relatives. Would this phone recording be used as evidence for defamation against my FIL? Thank you.

Learning

1 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     03 July 2014

No mere one phone call recording is not sufficient for filing defamation case against your fil , you must gathered some more strong & sufficient evidences with you for filing the case , if your fil publically alleged you and used defamatory language publically which defames you in the society or by writing any ficitious and false story of yours character / behaviour etc and how much this affect your reputation in the public , how popular you are in the public ,only then you can file the defamation case against him .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register