Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashutosh Tiwari   14 October 2015

Deed of apartment not registered

Hi

Bought an apartment in Mumbai from land owner with builder as confirming party. As the building has only 7 flats, a condominium was formed. Sale Agreeement, Deed of Declaration for condomimium formation etc. & Condominium bye-laws were also aigned & duly registered. Deed of Apartment was also signed & franked but not registered. It's been almost 7 years and the builder has been dragging his feet on registering the deed of apartment.

I do have a notarized true copy of the signed & franked deed of apartment.

Questions are:

1. Given that all other legal documents are duly vetted & registered, is it still important to have a deed of apartment too registered? If that doesn;t happen, what are the implications?

2. If Deed of Apartment remains unregistered, what are the implications & it's legal validity?

3. Can the recent act of deemed conveyance enable me to have a deemed deed of apartment?

B

Ash

Learning

4 Replies

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     14 October 2015

Sir,

Please understand that an unregistered document has no evidentiary value, it will be in the best of your interests to consult an advocate at the earliest.

Good Luck,

Kishor Mehta

Ashutosh Tiwari   14 October 2015

Understand. Thanks. Appreciate your response.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2015

1. Given that all other legal documents are duly vetted & registered, is it still important to have a deed of apartment too registered? If that doesn;t happen, what are the implications?

Deed of apartment should be registered to prove your marketable title to the property.  Dont ignore it.

2. If Deed of Apartment remains unregistered, what are the implications & it's legal validity?

You cannot sell, dispose or execute a settlement or even a gift deed if the title doument in your possession is not registered

3. Can the recent act of deemed conveyance enable me to have a deemed deed of apartment?

If you want to suffer due to your laziness even God cannot help you, do what ever you understand or feel like.

Swapnil   17 December 2015

Can any one help me .... How to cancel Apartment Deed?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register