LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

rajesh   09 September 2016

Declared unfit for promotion and dropped in seniority position

Apart from downgrading of my ACRs and not informing me about the same contrary to the rules, I request to the learned law experts to give their suggestions to my following issue: In my Govt PSU, promotions are effected twice a year i.e. Jan and July. However DPC is held once in a year. I was due for promotion wef 1.7.2012. I was considered unfit in DPC for 2012. So I was not promoted wef 1.7.2012. However, none of my juniors or batch mates were promoted in that DPC due to non availability of posts. As per policy of Department, if an officer is found unfit during DPC, he will be considered after 1 year for promotion i.e. 1 full year will be added to his eligibility period. But if found fit, but not promoted due to non availability of vacancies, the person becomes due from immediate next date i.e. Jan of next year. According to this rule, I was considered for promotion wef 1.7.2013. However, some officers who were earlier junior to me, became eligible for promotion wef 1.1.2013. So they became senior to me before conduct of 2013 DPC. I had represented to consider me at my seniority position and wef 1.1.2013, because, none of my batch mates or juniors were promoted in DPC in which I was declared unfit. This amounted to unwritten punishment by 1) not promoting me., 2) making me junior to my juniors 3) adding 1 year to my eligibility period. what can be my course of action. I am not able to get any document to prove my case Please help Rajesh Sharma

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register