LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deep Narayan (learning)     12 June 2012

Debarred

A candidate debarred form a university for a certain period. does this makes him unfit for the government job??

Learning

8 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     13 June 2012

1. If you have been debarred, suspended or excluded, IMMEDIATELY notify the University Counsel's Office (275-8019).
  2. If you are applying for federal grants and contracts, please complete ORPA's internal proposal sign off forms carefully. These forms specifically ask about debarment, suspension, and other important matters. They are one of the most important safeguards against prohibited behavior.
  3. If you have any doubts about whether you or anyone receiving grant support is debarred, suspended or excluded, IMMEDIATELY bring the matter to the attention of the University Counsel's Office.
  4. If you are debarred or excluded, do not make assumptions about what you can or cannot do. These issues are very complex. Problems with one agency may affect your relationship with other agencies. Exclusion from Medicare or Medicaid may impact job duties that are not related to federal health care programs. Even state programs and grants and contracts with other institutions may be affected. Make the University Counsel's Office aware of these issues so that they can be evaluated carefully.
1 Like

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     14 June 2012

I think the question is about Indian University not an American University.:)

https://www.princeton.edu/orpa/

1 Like

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     14 June 2012

How the Employer will know is the question.  If a candidate is debarred from University, and then complete the course and obtains a valid pass certificate unless something is written in the certificate or any other certificate that he was once debarred it will not be known to any employer including government.  Is there anyway that government comes to know the candidate is debarred?

2 Like

Deep Narayan (learning)     14 June 2012

Thank u both ramachari ji and chandra sekhar ji for ur valuable comments, and yes chandrasekhar ji I am talking about Indian university only. chandra sekhar ji I also dnt know how did they inquire bt they do as they ask all these in attestation form provided provided by them to the candidate selected.

Anjuru Chandra Sekhar (Advocate )     15 June 2012

I know they do antecedent verification.  One policeman came to our house when I was selected the post of clerk in Income Tax department through Staff Selection Commission in the year 1993.  I was told by people who already got selected pay some amounts favorable report goes.  I do not think anybody has time to do antecedent verification in university going through all the past records of a student if he is selected.  And do you think our univerisities are so disciplined that they keep every record of student in tact so that if a policeman comes for antecedant verification 5 years or 10 years after, he will be provided with information about student?

1 Like

Deep Narayan (learning)     16 June 2012

chandra sekhar ji u got 100% right. and I also know that police verification is done to cheak weather the candidate had any cases pending or not,weather is is accused or acquitted or not.weather he had any criminal history or not.debarring or something like this is beyond the scope of police verification bt i dnt know weather recruiting body verifies the debarring status or not and the universities keep record of the student it debars. thank u for all the support u provided

santhosh (nil)     21 April 2014

A candidate had been debarred form a university for a certain period. later he completed the degree. and took master degree too. does this makes him unfit for the government job? There is a question in attestation form "Have you ever been debarred from any Examination or restricted by any University or any other educational authority / institution ?" what should we answer here? i am attaching the attestation below. please check out 12 (g) of the attestation form and help me please.

Attached File : 497686760 1427885029attation form.pdf downloaded: 214 times

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 April 2014

you have to give true information only.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register