Death of person on whose name cheque was drawn (payee)

Hi all!

I would like to know that if my wife owns a single proprietor or we can say sole proprietor of her firm if there is a payer who draws a cheque in the name of my wife's company but she dies before the making date of the cheque and then I become the proprietor of that firm what legal actions I can take against that drawer to make it an obligation on him to pay the same amount on that cheque I will be obliged if you can tell me a case law relating to that

U issue notice stating that all future transactions shud be done by u as the previous proprietor isno more

can you please elaborate more

As it is a proprietorship firm.. you shall be a legal heir 1 category after your wife's death.. you / son/daughter shall be inherit her firm & property, through proper legal notice you can establish you rights and follow up payment..

As it is a proprietorship firm.. you shall be a legal heir 1 category after your wife's death.. you / son/daughter shall be inherit her firm & property, through proper legal notice you can establish you rights and follow up payment..

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu