LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhavneet Toor (Company Secretary)     16 September 2014

Death (intestate) without leaving heirs

My Grandmother expired on 23-08-14 without leaving any will. We asked bank personnels to transfer her funds in my grand pa's account. They said they need Power of Attorney from my father, my aunt (Bua), my aunt (tayiji, since my tayaji {father's brother} died years ago) and my first cousins too (sons of deceased child of grand ma {tayaji's son}). My Question is Do we need to get POA from my first cousins too? One lives in Canada and other in USA. And my Bua in Canada & Tayiji in USA. Its becoming so difficult to get POA from all of them. Please advice! 

If anybody has sample POA, please provide.

MY GRANDMOTHER EXPIRED WITHOUT LEAVING ANY LEGAL HEIR. WE ASKED THE BANK TO TRANSFER ALL THE FUNDS IN HER BANK ACCOUNT TO MY GRAND FATHER'S BANK ACCOUNT. THEY SAID THEY NEED POWER OF ATTORNEY FROM OTHER LEGAL HEIRS WHICH ARE MY FATHER & MY AUNT (BUA) STATING THAT THEY HAVE NO OBJECTION IF GRAND PA IS PROVIDED WITH THE FUNDS. MY UNCLE (TAYAJI) DIED 9 YEARS AGO. DO WE NEED TO GET POWER OF ATTORNEY FROM HIS WIFE & SONS TOO? PLEASE HELP. AND IF ANYBODY HAVE POWER OF ATTORNEY SAMPLE, PLS PROVIDE! 

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/death-intestate-without-leaving-heirs-305952.asp

Learning

2 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     20 September 2014

I do not think ,what they are insisting is sufficient. You have to produce more documents to get it transferred, kindly have clear confirmation on this before initiating the process.

My Self Kumar (Sr Manager)     21 November 2014

Dear Sir / Madam,

My elder brother expired recently in Delhi and he has no live family dependent. He has 3 brothers (including me) out of which 2 are alive and no sister. There is bank deposit as well as house property in his name but there is no will. In case of bank deposit, nomination is there in my name.In such a case, how can the settlement be made. There is no family dispute and shall get settled as per procedure. Please guide us how to go about it in Delhi Jurisdiction. What are the legal documents needed ? Will the money received through this settlement, be counted for the purpose of Income Tax calculation of the beneficiaries. Kindly guide us urgently.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register