Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vince   03 February 2016

Death certificate registration

Hi,

My father-in-law passed away seven years back in chennai. He was working there but his family was residing in mumbai. The hospital provided death certificate of chennai. Do i have to register his death certificate in mumbai BMC or that certificate is enough anywhere in india. what should i do if there is any procedure

Learning

2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     03 February 2016

If a death is not registered within 21 days of its occurrence, permission from the Registrar/Area Magistrate, along with the fee prescribed in case of late registration, is required.

The application form in which you are required to apply is usually available with the area's local body authorities at Mumbai, or with the Registrar who maintains the Register of Deaths.

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     03 February 2016

As your father-in-law died in Chennai, register the same in chennai muncipal corporation authorities with late fee.  After process,the muncipal corporation authorities will issue death certificate, it is enough and it is valid through out india.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register