Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bala   25 March 2018

Daughters name changed by wife during trial

Hello Experts  ,

I am an NRI  and trial is going on  in the Lower court  @ Telangana   - DVC & 498A   Cases 

I have two kids ( Boy and a girl )  and  are staying with my wife  in India  . I came to know that she changed  my daughter's name   during the trial . Is it valid  ?  and please advice me what  Indian law says about  this and how can i fight it out ?

Thanks 

A Victim 

Learning

1 Replies

SOLOMON.RAJ (advocate/director)     28 March 2018

Dear Victim,

The names given to the children are as per the Hindu, Islamic or the Christian customs & rites.

As per the christian customs and rites and child will be named only at the time of christening either by the parents or the pastor/ priestt or preacher in a traditional and customoary ceremony.

As per  the hindu customs and rites the child will be named ina naam karan ceremony the priest.and like wis...

soon after the irth of the children ased on the informastion provided by the parents the school authorities will register the given name and the child will be called by the said name and all his credentials will be on the same name.

One of the parents who is the natural guardian alone cannot change the name of the child without the consent of the other spouse.

If you have any documents pertaining to the old ( original) names

1.you can always produce the same before the court and bring the matter to the notice of the court.

2. Your counsel/lawyer can elicit the truth at the time of cross examination and get it admitted.

3. You can alway appraoch a civil court as per the Gaurdians and wards Act.

Abundant GRACE

Adv.Dr.SOLOMON RAJ.

______________________________ _________________

Adv.Dr. Solomon Raj
                  L.L.M.( Crimes & Torts )
Advocate, High Court Of A.P & T.S. , India
Attorney/Consultant,
Director, Justice League,
Indian Ombudsman U.E.(U.S.A.)
BHARAT GAURAV SAMMAN AWARDEE
Ex-Member, Mega Lok Adalat , Criminal Courts , Hyderabad.
Vice Chairman, 37th U.C.C. ( T.S.),                      
National Vice president, All India Christian’s Council,
Legal Chairman,  All India Christian’s Council,
Legal Convenor, Y.S. Raj Shekar reddy Congress Party,
Lok Adalat Member, A.P.( Ex)                      
Hon'ry Advisor, St.Joseph's School,
Television Speaker & Theologist,
Core Committee Head, For drafting Act of "Protection of Christian Properties" (In United Andhra Pradesh). 
Ph:+91-9866545086,
______________________________ ______________________________ _______________

DISCLAIMER: 
Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL including any attachment is proprietary to Justice League, Legal firm and is intended solely for the addressee/s, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Access to this e-mail and/or to the attachment by anyone else is unauthorized. If this is a forwarded message, the content and the views expressed in this E-MAIL may not reflect those of the Justice League, legal firm. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this mail kindly delete from your system and inform the sender.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register