Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

itsjustmee (DL)     23 April 2015

Daughter's share in fathers self earned property

Hi,

My father has expired 10 years back and my mother is alive. We are 3 children including me, one bother and one sister. My father had one house, 2 sites in his (not yet transferred to mother's name) name. He have not made any will. All these properties are self earned by my father.

1. One site is already registered to my sister's name two years back for which Me, Mother and Brother signed.

2. One house and one site still in my fathers name,

Following are my doubts

1. Will my mother and brother be able to sell or register these properties to their name or somebody without my sign?

2. Can I claim share in one site which is already registered to my sister?

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     23 April 2015

since your father had died intestate his self earned property will devolve equally on the class I heirs his mother,wife and children.

1.. One site is already registered to my sister's name two years back for which Me, Mother and Brother signed.

did you mutate the property in the name of the legal heirs ? and you need to clarify whether you, your mother and brother had made any registered relinguishment deed in favour of your sister for the above property 

2.One house and one site still in my fathers name

1. Will my mother and brother be able to sell or register these properties to their name or somebody without my sign?

no its not possible as you are also a legal heir to these properties and you also have got equal share in it.

2.Can I claim share in one site which is already registered to my sister?

if you had relinguished your rights in this particular share then you cant claim any rights over it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register