Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

UM (Telecom Engineer)     01 March 2016

Daughter's rights in ancestral property

Hello Sirs/Madam

Can you please help me to clear out confusion about duagher's rights into inherited Ancestral property?

My mother is 66 years old now. She has 7 other brothers & Sisters. My Mother's father died in 1982 intestate.

After her father died in 1982 they have not made any legal partions of peroperty till date. Now all they are planning for partition of property and so I would like to know based on 9sept, 2005 amendment , if my mother is co-sharer/co-parcener same as her male siblings for ancestral property?  Is my mother entitled for equal rights by birth for that ancestral property ?  Or how much share she is entiled to  into that ancestral property?

Appriciate your response on this. It will help to clear my confusion

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

Learning

5 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     01 March 2016

Since it is ancestral property and is not partitioned till date and your mother still alive she is entitled for equal share in the ancestral property of her deceased father.wait for the suggestion of other experts

suffering woman (student)     01 March 2016

In which contituition ? I mean what is the act no.?

Adv. Digvijay R Singh (ADVOCATE-PRACTICING)     01 March 2016

If the death occurs after the amendment then only the daughters get share in the property

UM (Telecom Engineer)     03 March 2016

Thank You Mr. saravanan s . Just to add further, on 7/12 property papers she has her name mentioned on it

UM (Telecom Engineer)     03 March 2016

Thank You Mr. saravanan s . Just to add further, on 7/12 property papers she has her name mentioned on it  

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register