Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Parul Hirpara (Owner)     13 May 2015

Daughter's right with father's and mother's property

Dear Sir,

I am a married woman , my father had 3 daughters and 1 son. My brother was unmarried and expired in 2000. I had got married in 1998.After the death of my brother my father had adopted his elder brother's son (Without any legal procedure). There was some ancestral land on my father's name and that land was aquired by government for some road construction and given compensation for that land but that compensation was not enough , so my father filed a case with court , he just now won the that case and court ordered government to pay more compensation to us. Now my father didn't want to give that compensation amount to us (all 3 daughters) he wants to give compensation amount to  that adopted boy, My father also has made one power of attorney with our all 3 sister's fake signatures and started whole procedure to get compensation amount to his account. Still he didn't got compensation , but now what we have to do to get that compensation ? 

Also my mother has purchased some land on 1999, shall we have any right with her property or she can transfer that property to her adopted son ?

Please Reply,

Learning

1 Replies

saravanan s (legal advisor)     13 May 2015

you daughters have equal rights to that of sons in ancestral property after the hsa amendment 2005.if the whole process was initiated after 2005 then you all have got shares from whatever interest that arises out of ancestral property.you send him a legal notice regarding your shares in the property.he can will or gift his share in the ansestral property but not yours

as far as the poa is concerned you can file a  case u/s 468 ipc- forgery for the purpose of cheating and sec 471 ipc

as far as the mothers property is concerned it is regarded as her self earned property and she can will it or gift it to anyone she wish and you all cant lay any claim on it

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register