Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit Kumar   14 September 2015

Daughter's right on ancentral property sold duing 1994-96

Hello.

My Great Grand Mother (My mother's mother's mother) had a farm which she got as legal heir from her husband after her husband died. Her husband got the farm from his father but before that, the father purchased that farm from some one.

So, here is the sequence again:

A man purchased a farm from someone.

Then his son got the farm as legal heir. Then both died and as legal heir that son's wife got the farm. (The son's wife was my Great Grand Mother).

Then She had only one child i.e daughter. (The daughter was my Grand mother who has 4 children).

And then my Great Grand Mother sold that farm to someone during 1994-96 with the permission of my Grand mother only. (All 4 children of my Grand mother was alive and married while selling. One of them is son and others are daughters. One of her daughter is my Mother)

And now in 2003 my Grand Mother and in 2012 my Great Grand mother died.  Both had no any WILL.

So, the question is can my mother or me claim for my mother's share in the farm?

Document of relationship tree is enclosed.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     15 September 2015

Sir, Ancestral property is only which comes from fathers side and not from mothers side ... Warm Regards Kapil Chandna Advocate 9899011450

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register