Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

NEENA (self employed)     01 May 2016

Daughter's inheritance on ancestral property

Sir,

I would like to know what part of the ancestral property will I and my brother inherit as my father died on 3/01/2016?

We have one house and 4.5 acres of agricultural land which is in my grandfather's name who died on 7/03/1982. My grandfather inherited the property from his father. Can my aunts (my deceased father's sister) claim rights? If so what percent of the property has to be shared? My grandfather had two sons( my father= deceased & his older brother(alive) and two daughters(both alive)

My father has two children, one daughter (me) and one son(my brother).

Can you please help?

Neena

Learning

3 Replies

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     01 May 2016

Mam, 

Was that property self acquired or inherited by the grandfather. 

Warm Regards 

Kapil Chandna Advocate 

NEENA (self employed)     01 May 2016

Sir,

The property was inherited from his father. The property was orginally made by my great grandfather that was inherited by my grandfather.

Amit Gupta (Advocate)     02 May 2016

Dear Maam,

first of all your all the propeties will be devided equally in children of you grand father..in present case all the heirs will be entitled for 1/4 share...

now so far as you are concernd...you, your brother, and your mother will get equal share in your father's 1/4 share. accordingly you will be entitled for 8% approximatly in total properties. 

regards

Amit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register