LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Animesh Kumar (Research Analyst)     18 August 2013

Daughter rights on father property

I have two bothers and my father has a property for which he filed partition deed in court n divided between them. My father was alive when the judgement came and being a girl he did not given share to me in that partition. I want to know if I make a claim on the same even if it is not an ancestral one. 

Also is there a time period for the claim to be made?

Learning

6 Replies

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     18 August 2013

if you are a girl then you can not claim in his self acquired property.

Animesh Kumar (Research Analyst)     18 August 2013

Thank you very much for your reply but It is a gifted land (Inam Property) so is there any chance that i can claim on it????

V Kumar (Asipiring L)     18 August 2013

You know there have been outcomes in your cases on both sides - I would still try my luck with it. Im not a family lawyer/civil, I deal only in insurance related matters but I seriously advise you to consider reaching out to a good civil lawyer for this - you may have something to claim. 

You can find several good lawyers on lawyersclubindia only using the lawyerssearch above

Again take my word with caution, but Ithink you should have some stake in your father's property  -chances are low - but still try for it.

BEst,

VK

PS - Again would like to repeat disclosure - this is not my area of expertise - its primarily in dealing with insurnace companies like reliance , bharti But Good luck to you, you deserve it, and I hope you get something

NGOKC (pm)     18 August 2013

unless it is gifted by parents or relative or spouse , you do not have a claim to it , it is considered self acquired

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     18 August 2013

If your father is no more and propertiies stand in the name  of your father, in the said properties you will get equal share

Animesh Kumar (Research Analyst)     19 August 2013

Thank you all for your help....

Thank you so much!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register