LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

jayanta mohanty   23 April 2018

Daughter right in ancestral property

my father has got a share of land property from my grandfather through partition suit.my father has daughter.and two son including me.both sisters are married.can my sisters claim in my fathers property? as ancestral property. i came to know from one lawyer that a partitioned property is deemed to be self-acquired property to my father.so it is not an ancestral property.thus my sisters have no right to claim on my fathers property. pls advise me

Learning

6 Replies

Vijay Raj Mahajan (Advocate)     23 April 2018

Yes that is the self acquired property of your father and no claim on it of any children during the lifetime of the father.

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     23 April 2018

You have to give more details, before one can give an appropriate answer to your query.  You have to give all the following information, without skipping any point/query.

1. How did your grandfather got the property? (i) did he purchase it or (ii) did he get it from his father?

2. In which year your grandfather die?

3. Whether the partition of the property was done by your grandfather when he was alive or after his death?

4. Whether your father is alive now?

5. If answer to query 4 is in the negative, then the date of death of your father. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     23 April 2018

Daughters having rights in Telangana & A. P.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2018

You have posted in query in 1st post itself, that your father got share in said land/property by partition suit from his father.

This implies court has partitioned the property.

Isn’t IT?

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 April 2018

Your lawyer seems to be correct on nature of property partitioned by court of law.

Is IT your lawyer’s opinion that daughters (married) have NO share in Father’s self acquired property?

Is your father alive?

Succession opens on date/month/year of death of title holder/owner.

Has the mutation record been updated after said partition suit and do you have mutation recorded from beginning till date along with all link docs………..?

Who was 1st owner of said property amongst your ancestors..?

P. Venu (Advocate)     23 April 2018

The property is not ancestral, but self -acquired. No one has any vested right or share in the property during lifetime.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register