Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arun (Senior Associate Consultant)     21 March 2015

Date of birth problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with my Date of Birth. My actual date of birth is on 04-Jun-1989. I am also having a Birth Certificate with my actual Date of Birth.

But, as per my school records, my Date of Birth is 04-May-1989 and the same is present in my school certificates, Voter’s ID, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving Licence, Bank records etc.

When I have applied for passport, they asked my Birth Certificate since I was born after 26-01-1989, and they do not accept any other proof for Date of Birth. My passport has been issued with my actual Date of Birth 04-Jun-1989.

I tried to change by Date of Birth in my school records by sending a formal request to CBSE. But they rejected my request since the request will be entertained by the Board only within five years of the date of declaration of result. (I have completed my 10th standard in 2004). I have also gone to municipality and requested them to change the Date of Birth, but they are also telling that there is no provision to change the Date of Birth in their record.

Can anyone suggest me what I need to do correct my Date of Birth.

Regards

Arun

Learning

2 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     21 March 2015

you can file for modification of birth certificate through court of law.

Arun (Senior Associate Consultant)     22 March 2015

Thanks Mohammed Ali for replying my post. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register