Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chalma Reddy   30 November 2016

Date of birth change in ssc marksheet

Hello sir/madam,

My date of birth is printed incorrectly on my SSC certificate, It is printed as 10.04.1980 instead of 10.04.1983, due to this I am loosing 3 years age,  I do not have birth certificate as i born in a rural area, and by that time, no awareness by  my parents about getting birth certificate from authorities. I have only one base is that my own elder brother's SSC certicate, on whinch DOB printed as 10.06.1980(my elder bro's DOB), which means I am elder than my own elder brother which is not correct logically. based on this, can i get corrected  my DOB by approaching legal authorities? Please suggest. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Reddy

Learning

4 Replies

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     01 December 2016

If your school record says that your date of birth was mentioned as 10.4.1983, then you can move an application to the Board for correction of error.  Otherwise, engage an advocate and go through the Board's regulations related to change of birth and move application for correction of error.  If the Board does not accept your request, the legal course of action is to approach High Court.

Chalma Reddy   01 December 2016

Thank you for the reply sir, the problme is, My Date of birth in school records as 10.04.1980 only (and the same in SSC marksheet) and  I realised it when I got my SSC marksheet. and I DO NOT have birth certificatete...I can only argue that my own elder brother is younger than me (almost 2 months). I have a proof for this (SSC mark sheet of my elder brother and He also does not have any birth certificate). based on this argument, the SSC Board may not accept my praposal. so I would like to taken legal advice. if I approach High Court, can this be done.. Thank you for your valuable time.

Regards,

Reddy

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     01 December 2016

Read SSC regulations for change of date of birth.  They might have provided a method of filing affidavit for change of date of birth.  Your brother's certificate won't be that much of help, because whether he is elder or younger, how can it be proved, as he also does not have birth registration certificate showing his date of birth.  Two to three months difference between brothers is incongruous, but does not help you.  First, you have to move request / representation to SSC Board and after their refusal, you have to approach HC.

1 Like

Chalma Reddy   02 December 2016

Thank you so much sir, for your valuable advice, Will follow the process as adviced by you.

Regards,

Reddy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register