Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

nalsr (sdfds)     15 March 2011

Date of Birth Changing in PAN CARD and LIC

Dear Sir,

There is mistake in my Pan Card DOB. Actual DOB is 15-01-1976, but in the Pan card it is 15-01-1979. It was taken almost 7 years back around 2004. How I can precede for the DOB change? Will there be any problems by changing the DOB? My LIC bonds also based on PAN CARD DOB. I want to apply for the PASSPORT based on the original DOB. For that I need to update the DOB on PAN CARD also. Please provide the advice. I am suffering from this from last 6 years. If change DOB in PAN card will i get the same PAN number?

Learning

6 Replies

nalsr (sdfds)     16 March 2011

Please help me on this. Thanks for your help

Isaac Gabriel (Advocate)     15 June 2011

Better consult a lawyer.

Amit Soni (Proprietor)     26 June 2011

For Change in DOB in PAN, you have require these docs.-

1) Birth Certificate or High School/ Higher secondary Marksheet which contains the actual DOB.

2) A certificate from Gazzetted officer regarding you DOB.

3) File a form 49 for Changes & submit it to TIN- Facilitation Centre along with fee.

FOr change in Life Insurance Policy you have to submit Proof of your birth date which state above in point no. 1.

Regards

Amit

Aniket Giri (ADVOCATE)     27 June 2011

Mr. Amit Soni has rightly pointed you out the clarifications you need.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 June 2011

Mr. Soni has clarified the matter. You will get the same PAN number.

For passport you can submit  Matric/SSC/MC certificate.

Pranali Sharma   05 July 2017

To download the PAN correction request form, go to the official website of the IT department and click on “Online Application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data”. If anyone want how to correct pan card mistakes he can go to the official website of IT Department of PAN Card and get the information and procedure.

Know more click here.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register