Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SS (VP)     17 January 2013

Data transfer speed for braodband plans of isp

Hi,

As per TRAI any braodband plan must deliver atleast 80% of the speed assured. A prominent service provider claims 3.1 Mbps speed under a certain prepaid plan for wireless (datacard) internet. But actually we get just not over 250-300 Kbps. When we ask them they give several reasons like computer, hardware, OS etc. I have a BSNL landline internet. This plan assures me 512 Kbps speed. But at times I get even 1100 Kbps. I carried out 5 samples speedtest on my laptop each for BSNL and this service provider lines at the same time on the same laptop and all other conditions fixed. I send the speed test data to this service provider that whereas BSN can give me upto 1100 Kbps this service provider gives just about 200-250 Kbps. I asked them if you cant give the sppedss whhy are you assuring and misleading people. I even srote mails to their appellate tribunal, they too have stopped responding now. 
I asked them to send their personnel to my place and check for themselves which they did not respond.  etc I also asked them to send their personnel withthe best of hardware and show me 2.48 Mbps (80% of 3.1 Mbps) download speed at my place and I will accept it. This also they have not responded.

Now TRAI do not take complaints. whom should we approach?

For the information, I gat the following information from TRAI website.

Please see the attached file copied from the TRAI website and as per answer to Question 4 the same is 80% of the speed assured for the plan which is this case is 2.48Mbps (80% of 3.1 Mbps). I am reproduing hte same for your reference. Please visit 

https://www.trai.gov.in/Content/faq_subcat_details.aspx?id=68&qid=1&link=0c

• Q 4. What is the permissible minimum Broadband speed limit?
  • A. As per the regulation on “Quality of Service standards for Broadband Services” issued by TRAI on 6th May, 2006, a subscriber should get minimum 80% of the subscribed broadband connection speed from ISP Node to user.                                                                                   UNQUOTE

Thanks

SS

Learning

1 Replies

kartikeya (lawyer/cyber law consultant/cyber crime investigator)     20 January 2013

first you can complain with customer care department. if you not get proper reply and solution to your problem you can file consumer complain...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register