LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avaninder   03 July 2019

Da on pension on re employment

I am a retired commissioned officer of Indian Army and in receipt of the disability pension and drawing my pension through State Bank of India .In 2014 I got my civil employment in the Govt of Himachal Pradesh as Gazetted Class 1 Officer.Thereafter my bank stopped my Dearness Allowance citing reference of the Government of India,Ministry of Personnel,Public Grievances and Pensions,Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare OFFICE MEMORANDUM No 45 73 97 P and PW G dated [deleted] and Principal Controller of Defense Accounts Allahabad Circular No 165 dated 22 Feb 2013 vide para 7 a of which the pensioners who held the post of commissioned officer before retirement are not entitled DA on pension after civil employment.Here I want to bring into your kind notice that in the same OM it is mentioned that the reason for this non admissibility to such officers is because their pay is to be fixed at the same level where it existed prior to retirement and a part of their pension is ignored while fixing their pay on re employment.In my case my pay has not been fixed in any such manner by my department regarding which I also submitted a certificate to my Bank given by my employer that my pay has not been fixed in any manner and I was employed at the minimum of the scale of the post and hence I requested my bank to resume DA on my pension because I have not received any fixation benefit from my employer but my bank did not do any needful.When I took up the matter with my bank,they say that they can not go off the instructions contained in Circular 165 mentioned above but are not ready to go into the reason behind such instructions which do not apply in my case and hence I find myself eligible for the DA on my pension.Please help.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register