Customry divorce

Is customary divorce valid in Lohana (Hindu) samaj ? I have registered my divorce with first wife at sub-registrar office on 100 rs stamp paper by notary.

How can I prove that I am legally divorced with first wife in order to stop nullity of marriage with 2nd wife ?

Lawyer

Divorce is valid only through a decree passed by Court.

Total likes : 1 times

legal advisor

divorce can be got only through court.anything else is illegal and proceeding for another marriage would be bigamy in the eyes of law

all right. I didnt know it and took customary divorce and got married with another girl. Now her parents have filed suite against me for marriage nullity alleging me to cheat her for hiding fact that i am not divorce. However I have produced sub registrar deed at the time of getting marry with another girl, but now I realise that I am wrong in the eye of low. So as I have already filed for divorce with my first wife. But waiting from court's end to grant me decree. I want to save my 2nd marriage, its just i was not aware of law, but my intention was not malign

you can explain through your lawyer in the court and file the petition for divorce as your ex wife is also ready and also she gave divorce in another way so both file a divorce petition as she will not contest and get divorce decree 

in mean time discuss with your in laws and settle the issue before it goes from your hand and explain them about your stand 

Yes my x-wife is ready to co-operate, and we have already filed for declaration suite of divorce decree and asked for decree in favour of us from previous date ( from the date actually customary divorce happened with sub-registrar ). Now lets see if court grants or not....

Note : My x-wife is already married and having baby so as it will spoil 4 ppl's life is court doesnt give us divorce decree

Jr. Officer

Wow!!!

How Lucky you are...

Your ex-wife is ready to co-operate...

and The best part is your ex-wife have already get married.

In this situation , I guess you will not be charged any alimony/compensation. 

(only in case you & your ex-wife don't have any girl child)

Although you 2 are in agree to divorce, it will take 6 months in the course of the Court at the earliest.

All the Best....

in my view this judgement will be very much useful for others who face such situation but decree will be granted on the judgement date which is applicable from the date of registration in sub registrar subject to 

i think court will grant in the same way after hearing from both the sides 

Worker

pathetic !!

second marriage is NULL & VOID ... nothing can make this marriage VALID.

u have spoiled ur own case of CUSTOM by filing divorce case with your first wife. custom has to be COMPULSORY and NOT optional, dude !!

Worker

mere existence of divorce deed does not prove the custom.

the divorce deed has no value at all in the absence of proof of custom

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum:

LAWyersclubindia Menu