Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

naveen (business)     31 October 2014

Cruelty and insult

Respected sir/madam,

I got married in dec-2013 without any type of dowry. From the day, my wife and her family 

members are creating problems to my life and happiness. In my home i stay alone parents are

no more from last 3 years. Before marriage itself she miss behaved with me and told that she

is not happy with this marriage and sent sms, i explained same to her parents and was thought

of cancelling marriage. Her parents convinced me not to do any thing. During marriage they

insulted me in front of my relatives. After marriage most of the time she stayed with her

parents and even her parents are provoking her to leave my home. She never stayed 

continuously at  least for 2 months with me and total its hardly 4 months we ware 

together till date.

Mean while without any intimation her relatives came and without my permission forcibly by

threatening me took her in April their after they didnt communicated with me. 

While going she took jewellary and money from my home without my knowledge . 

After one month of her departure, i got to know from my relatives that she was

carrying and its already  2 months. After that by the end of june i came to know

that she was working in private college as lecturer. Later with few relatives we went to

her home but her parents ware reluctant to send, still we succeeded to convince them. Even

though she came with me but never shared any thing with me and threatened of going back

and lodging dowry case and domestic violence cases. Didnt permit me to invite my close

relatives to our home, Even she didnt come with me to my relatives house. Again by the end

of aug her parents came to my home  without information and by applying force, took her with

them even though i was not ready to send her. 

1. Insulted during marriage by giving few vessels of 10 to 15 years old by scraching names and date written on them, even though giving such vessels was not necessary or mandatory, i was insulted. 

2 . After marriage they didnt invite me to in-laws house for the first time its a great insult to me.

3. Didnt inform me regarding carrying for 2 months, which i came to know from other relatives,

4. without my knowledge or permission she joined for lecturing in her home town which i didnt know for 2 months.

5. Didnt allow us to perform rituals during 7th month of carrying, function is done in all religions.

6. Stolen money and gold from home while going.

7. Twice she tried to harm me, once toung was about to cut and other time applied force(beaten) on my eyes i took 2 months treatment

8. From march end she continuously denied intercourse. No family life already i am  35. 

9. Never bothered of my happiness or health, many times insulted me and my family by abusing. Mental torture by intentionally creating problems to me. 

10. Threat to my life with her and her relatives.

11. Both the time she didnt communicate with me after going to parents house, she is happily enjoying life their. Here i am under stress with mental disturbance and tension.

From now its  2 months again no communication from her end. Even though i stay alone in my work place they never bothered of me, my health or how it will affect my mental condition. I am totally disturbed and no peace for me from the day of marriage. My life is in threat they wont hesitate to do any thing to me, they are behind money and my wealth. Myself not knowing how to proceed and how to safe guard my self. I am a post graduate in engineering and a govt servant. My wife has done m sc. They are trying to miss use laws which are in fever of women. Can i apply for divorce on the basis of cruelty and insult? if they asks maintenance than what to do? I am thinking of divorce but dont want to give any maintenance. an please provide some suggestions....

Learning

7 Replies

ranjan kumar (Advocate)     31 October 2014

depriving the partner from coitus and conjugation amounts to cruelty. you can file divorce petition on the ground of cruelty.

(Guest)

It appears that you married a thief.   She took money and gold before leaving you, you should have given police complaint against her about missing items in local police station.

The vessel giving etc which you call as insult are very trivial in nature and do not matter much.

However not informing you of pregnancy amounts to mental cruelty.

It appears that your wife was never interested in getting married to you.

Yes you an mention all your story in the initial WS of divorce petition and ask for divorce under mental  cruelty and desertion.

If you have doubts that the wife's pregnancy is illegal one, you can ask for DNA test as to confirm that the child is yours or not.

If you dont want to pay maintenance, you should find out where she is working, get her salary details from that college, and produce it to the court.  You can ask this information via RTI.  or you can get this information from directly contacting college authorities/  or you can ask the court for call of records from her employer giving the employers address and her recent photograph, now the court will send summons to employer and they will have to give details of your wifes salary.  But you will have to give maintenance to the kid in future, both you and your wife should contribute to the maintenance equally.  Eg:  1000 you, 1000 her.

My advice to you is,

As you are newly married, you should give some time for the marriage.  New wife is like new leather shoes, it will bite initiailly for few days, and later on will adjust, what you have to do is apply oil to shoes from the inside where it is itching/biting you, mean to say, you have to initially overlook little mistakes of wife.  Nobody is perfect.  You should be thankful to your wife that she has not filed any criminal cases against you like dowry case 498a. DV etc.  If your wife is not communicating with you, you should take step forward in talking to wife.  Most of the problems can be solved by calm and peaceful talks.

yogendra (engineer)     01 November 2014

As per your story i forced to think that the child of girl is not yours.This is my personal opinion.The girls can't be believed.She used you only.Indian girls can't take decision they can be govern by parents.So collect evidence and proceed.

yogendra (engineer)     01 November 2014

Untruthfulness, rashness, guile, stupidity, avarice, uncleanliness and cruelty are a woman's seven natural flaws

Do not put your trust in rivers, men who carry weapons, beasts with claws or horns, women, and members of a royal family

A wicked wife, a false friend, a saucy servant and living in a house with a serpent in it are nothing but death.

By chanakya neeti

naveen (business)     01 November 2014

Respected all,

Thank you for ur valuable advices.

In first 4 months of our marriage my wife went to her parents house almost 4 times and

stayed their 10 to 15 days thrice, in April without information her uncle came and without my permission she deserted my house with valuables. I thought of filing case of robbery but afraid of 498a and domestic violence cases, which she use to threat me, so kept quite. 

During the period of her stay with parents ,she has sent many sms which lowers my and family respect by using abusive words. ex. my life would have spoiled even if i married to someone else, and our family is not respectful and we are not good persons. etc. 

There after she didnt return for 2 months but we managed to convince them with relatives now again she is repeating same and this time i dont want to go again to convince, I too have self respect and some morals. 

On first deewali its custom to invite son in lawr but they didnt invite me to their house, its again insult to me and no communication from last 2 months. after she leaving my house very next day i called and talked but later she never contacted. 

Many times she threatened of filing case its all because of her mother and some relatives provocation. Even they wont listen to any one and her father is henpecked, her mother spoiling my family life by brainwashing and diverting her mind.

She never shared any thing with me and hide many things from me, not trust worthy and having cruel mentality, trying to harm me any how, not interested in family life . Even they wont hesitate to create any problem to my life.

i think she even not ready for divorce but want to stay with parents leaving me alone here. I am mentally disturbed. How to proceed and find solutions, which are the laws in fever of me. Please guide me.

naveen (business)     03 November 2014

Respected all, Can men apply for divorce directly on the basis of mental torture, cruelty, insult, Threat to life. without applying for rcr? What are the obligation he will phase? Looking forward for ur valuable suggestions.

naveen (business)     05 March 2015

Can women do anything wrong against men and men can only face the consequences and is there no any law ment for men or men's either goes down before his wife or finished his life at all. 

6 month back my wife have gone to her home without my will after insulting me and my family members, i  reported in local police station , even they didnt listen to police. now trying to defame me and spreding false and baseless rumers about me and threatning of filing false case of domestic violence, dowry etc.... against me & my family. I am in big trouble what to do................. i don't want to go there home town on any case because she overlooking for defamation of me and my family respect and I don't trust on her/family because she totally trapped in her mother's wrongs and can do anything wrong against me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register