LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Cross exmination - what to expect

sir, i have a cross examination coming up in a suit case. what to expect in the cross examination. does whatever i say becomes on record . my advocate, says he will be there and will manage. just for my knowledge, in case of a civil partition suti case, what to expect especially when i dont have a immediate reply to give and does saying dont know instead of No has any negative effects. are these cross exam really a eye wash or speaks anything more than the doc evidence submitted n the case.

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)

Cross examination is an important stage of evidence, and it has great impact on the outcome of the case, and it's not a simple task!

Kannan.R.T.S   25 December 2017

Pls remember your case as you stated in your petition (that is called Plaint) & proof affidavit , if your case is true i.e, what you have stated in the plaint and proof affidavit, you need not to bother much. But if you stated anything i.e, dates/incidents against the truth you must be careful regarding the same. Normally cross will be done based on the counter/written statement filed by your opposite party. But cross examination is very important in all cases.

Kannan.R.T.S   25 December 2017

Pls remember your case as you stated in your petition (that is called Plaint) & proof affidavit , if your case is true i.e, what you have stated in the plaint and proof affidavit, you need not to bother much. But if you stated anything i.e, dates/incidents against the truth you must be careful regarding the same. Normally cross will be done based on the counter/written statement filed by your opposite party. But cross examination is very important in all cases.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register