LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

r.sankaranarayanan (Official)     09 August 2018

Cross examination of witnesses

I am one of the opponents in a dispute filed by another member of a Co-operative Hsg. Society in Mumbai. I wanted to cross examine three witnesses on the same date and one at a time so that the other person does not hear the answer given by another disputant. Can I pray for cross examining the witnesses on the same date and one at a time. This is to prove that the statements given by the disputants is false.

Learning

4 Replies

manoj   09 August 2018

Before crossing the witness you can request the court, that you want to cross all the witness at a time, if the court permits, you can begin your cross examination during moring hours after calling work time.

Thank you for your reply. Can the court reject my request to cross examine all the witnesses on the same day, taking care to see that the other witness who had not been cross examined do not hear my questions 

Shankar

manoj   09 August 2018

Yes, you can request the court the other witnesses to sit outside the court hall, when you are crossing first witness

Can the court refuse my request for cross examining all the witnesses on the same date?

S

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register