Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     24 December 2017

Cross examination in dv - advise needed!

Dear experts,

In my DV case, complainant is currently leading the evidence. In all, there are 6 respondents.

During the last hearing, AW1 (ex-FIL) was cross examined. During his testimony, he mentioned following things: -

1. That none of the respondents except R1 (myself) stayed with her daughter and had a domestic relationship with her.
  2. That he himself sent an air ticket to her daughter to come back to her parents home. In his affidavit & DV petition, it is written that she was turned out.
  3. That air ticket was booked by his son and it was booked few days before the day she traveled. 
  4. That he added 3 and deleted 2 respondents in different complaints of his while describing the same alleged incident of crime.
  5. He possesses no bills for dowry articles and any other articles. There are no photographs of jewelry being handed over to respondents.
  6. There was no injury to the complainant ever during her stay at matrimonial home.
  7. There wasn't any police complaint by him for dowry demands or maltreatment meted out to his daughter.

Moreover, there is absolutely no evidence produced by the OP except for two affidavits. However, during x-exam, I exhibited 4 documents as primary evidence by confrontation. In my opinion, it was pretty good hearing for me since his lawyer was infuriated by the time cross examination ended.

My questions are: -

1. Is this a valid case for perjury?
  2. Is there anything else apart from perjury I can try in court to counter-attack?
  3. Can he go back on his testimony and modify his testimony?

Kindly help with your opinions.

Thanks - CC

Learning

2 Replies

R.Ramachandran (Advocate)     24 December 2017

Please clarify whether you have engaged any lawyer for your case or not?

Chinese Chef (Integration Architect)     24 December 2017

I do have a lawyer.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register