LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     19 April 2015

Criminal cxomplaint

A complaint has been filed against me by using stale cheques of the erstwhile Centurion Bank of Punjab Ltd, which ceased to exist in the year 2008, where in  RBI issued a notification, that under Sec. 2 of RBI act, the 'centurion bank of punjab ltd' ceased to exist from may 2008. TGhe cheques were no more a legal tender, as the bank got merged into HDFC Bank, the complainant in conivience with his bankers Karnataka Bank,. pasted new Micr code slips on the existing micr code of the bank, now the defense wqitnes from the HDFC bank has falsely deposed that they had pasted the slips to fecilitate the clearing. 

1. whether the pasting of slip on the cheque by the bank is allowed?

2. will this amount to tempering of the valuable security and make the cheque null and void

3. RTI application has been made to RBI for asking the facts, about dealing with PDC cheques of the merged bank and their validity after the merger, ( the reply is awaited)

4. Can I  the respondent/accused move an application for prosecution against the Bank employee who depsoed falsely, with submitting any document or notification.

I would be greatful for help from eminent lawyers on this panel.

warm regards

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register