LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajneesh Singh   03 October 2018

Cremation ground near residential colony

I stay in Faridabad just at the border of Delhi, the colony has a cremation ground belonging to the village folks for past 60 years, now with the development in the area the MCF decided carve out a colony just abutting the cremation ground for some reason, now off- late the villagers got the boudary wall made, put up shed with the help of local MLA fund and muncipality. Somehow the funds keep pouring in and the development of the said cremation ground never seems to stop notwithstanding the fact that their is a residential colony at just 10yds from the gate of the said facility, the villagers resist any attempt to shift the said facility elsewhere and the political parties just pamper them with whatever funds they can spare for the popular vote bank. The neighbourhood is deliberately denied of basic infrastucture somehow. The RWA of the area is totally dyfunctional, they only take issue which suits them, they only are available to take credit for any new work in the area.

Now with so much of public awareness about enviromental issues, can such facility be allowed within such a close proximity to residential colony, does my Right to clean air doesn't stand violated. Can I file a PIL for this issue? What is the cost involved in hiring an advocate and filing a PIL for the mentioned issue? Please help!

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     03 October 2018

Dear querist,

Although Cremations ground is necessary for Hindus but it cannot be in residential area considering adverse  health effect to people and psychological effects  specially  children’s who live nearby it has to be away from the residential area.

For PIL money is not issue approaches any public sprite advocate who can help in this.

Deepak Joshi & Associates

Djaa.legal@gmail.com

Mb/whatsapp +919456777600

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register