Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K Kiran   05 September 2015

Credit card harrasement by icici bank

Hi Everyone,

I am a new user to the group and just registered and found more useful.

I just want to raise a query against the harrasement by ICICI collection agency.

I have been using a credit card in 2006 which i dont even remember the card number. Due to my unemployment i was unable to pay the debt.In 2010 the bank again contacted me for the card payment and a settlement of the dues. I have explained about the situation and aseked them i am not in a poistion. They immediately blocked my ICICI bank account and debited the balanace of 11,000/- to their account.

I have informed that my balance was already taken by the bank so i am not going to pay any extra amount apart from that.

Recently from Aug 2015 they started again calling me about the payment for the card. i have mentioned to them send a detailed bill on how many is this pending and what is the amount and the deduction of 11,000/- is shown or no. I have asked the collector to give his address and e-mail but he refused to provide the details.when i did not answer the call they started calling my father and harrasing him by mentioning the words.

1. The collector has been mentioned that he is judge and calling for the dues.

2. Nextime from other number collector mentioned that he will send poilice to my father`s house and get him arrested and make sure that his respect is gone infront of everyone.

3. repeated calls nearly 15 times have been intiated by the collector in a gap of 10 minutes.

My father has switeched off his mobile and said very strictly that he is not going to entertain further and mentioned that when the card was not given why is the call coming.

Kindly let me know go further.

Regards,

K.Kiran

Learning

3 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     05 September 2015

If there was no admission of debt in last 3 years, the debt would be barred by limitation and recovery can not be enforced.

You have posted that:

“In 2010 the bank again contacted me for the card payment and a settlement of the dues. I have explained about the situation and aseked them i am not in a poistion.”

Probably the bank has made this discussion as a ground for setting off the dues from bank a/c with M/s ICICI Bank………………………although your lawyer may opine that this can be contested.

You may carefully go thru another thread at following link that may be relevant and useful to you :

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp#.VerMjn1-jMo

The bank can not call relatives or anyone after every 10 minutes.

If you have recorded the calls where callers have posed as Judge you may handover the matter to police,court,lawyer.

icicibankcare (Bank)     06 September 2015

Dear Kiran,

We're sorry to hear about your experience. Please email us your concern with your contact details on care@icicibank.com. Please mention the UID (a2vzfw) in the subject line of your email. We will assist you.

Regards,
ICICI Bank Customer Service Team

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 September 2015

It shall be appropriate to first consult an able Lawyer specializing in consumer/CC/Banking matters and then write to anyone else including M/s ICICI Bank.

You may keep this thread updated.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register