Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Abhimanyu Soni (n/a)     12 July 2013

Credit card: fraudulent transfer

Good day,

I used international calling card services provided by a vendor. I used the sim card for 10 days during my trip to Malaysia. I provided credit card copy (front side) to the vendor. After coming back i submitted the SIM card back to the vendor and I was told the I will get an itemised bill soon. In the meantime the vedor chanrged me INR 5000 using my credit card without my authorization. Upon asking about the same, I was told that it has been done my mistak and same will be reversed back to my credit card account, which has not happened till date. 

Moreover, the vendor charged me twice again and that too without my authorization. As per my knowledge, without CVV and secure code number no one can use credit card for a transaction. Since, i never provided my CVV and Secure Code password to anyone; therefore can we term these transaction as Unauthorised Transactions. Can I sue the vendor company on this? 

I have also sent some emails to the vendor but have no received any concrete response.

Please advise.

Regards

Abhimanyu Soni

Learning

2 Replies

Ashok, Advocate (Lawyer at Delhi)     12 July 2013

Immediately inform your credit card company about the unauthorized transactions, questioning their genuineness. In many of such transactions, the credit card company may withhold or reverse the payment in case a fraudlulent transaction is detected. Also, file a complaint with the concerned police station. If you have sufficient proof to show that the said vendor misused your credit card information, you can definitely sue him. However, it may not be practicable in view of the fact that he is in a different country and that the amount involved is too small. Your expenses on suing him may be more than what you'll recover ultimately if you succeed. However, as I suggested above, you can immediately take up this matter with the credit card company and this may be more helpful perhaps.

mahendra limaye (Cyber Legal Consultant)     17 July 2013

The matter can be pesuaded with filing civil complaint under Information Technology Act and your unauthorised transcations can be reverted immediately. Consult Cyber Legal Consultant for understanding the remedial measures available.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register