LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

banasree   31 January 2016

Credit card dipute

I had credit card with HDFC Bank in 2008 when I was working in Mumbai. The card was specially meant for ladies and free of charges. I could get two cards at the same time, one for my mother and the other one for me.

When the card actually arrived at my work place, it accompanied with a health policy on my name which I was not aware at all. At the same time the credit card which I received was also deducted for the amount for the policy without my consent.

I immediately called up the bank and asked them to cancel the policy which I never asked for. It never happened and the amount was never reverted back. On top of that the interest was kept on adding. So I did not dare to use the card even once. The card became a showpiece in my wallet.

After few months, i got a call from the bank and was asked to clear the amount. I refused to do so and asked them to cancel the card and my card was blocked.

At the end of 2008 I got a job offer from Singapore and was out of india for consecutively 3years.

In between, the bank employee collected my hand phone number from my residence and called me in Singapore. When I questioned the guy for what I have to pay, he answered me that I did some shopping in India when I was actually in Singapore. I asked for the bank statement which I never received till date for any transaction so far.

After few years back in India again I received such calls and asked the same for the bank statement. But then no response. I mailed quite a few places in HDFC for this harassment but to no avail.

Again after few years now, again I started to get calls from the HDFC Collection Department, Mumbai. I even agreed once to come to a settlement thinking that it will relieve from these unexpected certain phone calls but later I got to know it will effect my CIBIL score after visiting the bank.

As per the Collection Department folks, my name is in defaulters' list in CIBIL. And one more add-on information I got this time, that some payment been done in my card but I do not have ant clue about this.

I need complete solution from this. I never used the card nor the policy so why should I pay. Please help

Learning

3 Replies

SIVARAMAPRASAD KAPPAGANTU (Retired Manager)     31 January 2016

As a first step give a complaint to the Chairman of HDFC Bank. After 15 days give a reminder. In both the cases send the letters by Registered Post Acknowledgemenmt Due through Indian Post and not through any courier.

If there is no response, it is a fit case for complaining to Banking Ombudsman.  Send the Complaint to Banking Ombudsman Care of the Regional Office (of your area where you are residing) of RBI.

You may se the details by using the following Link:

https://www.rbi.org.in/Scripts/FAQView.aspx?Id=24

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2016

1. Do you have copy of the card issuance form signed by you and any other form that you have signed?

If NO demand a certified copy from the bank, to be supplied by Redg. Post only.

2. Do you have copy of the health policy form signed by you?

3. Do you have copy of the copy of the statement  showing the billed amount of health policy premium?

4. Do you have copy of the copy of the statement  showing the billed amount of shopping done by you?

5. Did you obtain complaint number of unauthorised billing of health policy premium and shopping?

If NO demand the compalint number from the bank, to be supplied by Redg. Post only.

If the answer to all above is NO then you have not acted in responsible manner.

The bank has let the matter become pending and claim that it is old record and now can't be supplied and let the outstanding inflate!

However bank shall have to produce everything.

You may collect the record and lodge compalint with MR Aditya Puri, narrating briefly all previous representations made so far and your complaint and transgressions by bank at:

aditya.puri@hdfacbank.com

or by Redg. Post.

You may also lodge complaint with CC cell of RBI,governor RBI, and Chairman IRDA

If nothing fetches nay relief you may entrust the matter to you able lawyer and get an order from court.

You may go thru:

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/Harrasment-by-icici-banks-recovery-agents-76271.asp

Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 January 2016

You may demand certified copy of your credit report (CIBIL) from M/s HDFC Bank against a nomina payment set by RBI say Rs.50/- shwoing bank's name and also the copy of communications sent by M/s HDFC bank to CIBIL, Master Card negative feedback list, Bank's internal list of defaulters, Equaifax,Experian etc...........

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register