Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SINGH is kingg (Service)     25 April 2018

Credit card debt 2lacs from 2005 getting calls now

Hi

2003 to 2005 used a hdfc card , things went bad financially was unable to continue paying, moved arkund a lot and until 2015 completely broke and borowing. Have now got a 25k job and surviving . Last year in 2017 started getting calls from the collection agents saying they got my number from CIBIL, AS yes I had looked for loans (never before this did they contact me from 2006) , I am unable to get any loans even with a salary due to this entry on my credit.

My questions are , should I do somethig about his that I can afford legally? I read through and was hoping I could get this omitted from my file and is filing bankruptcy an option? I woyld appreciate a professiinal response and any advocates that may assist me with seeing this througha so I can live a normal life rebuold it for my family as I am the only i ereducated underpaid erner in my somewhat estranged family.... Thanks in advance as I seriously cannot afford legal counsel for these questions but need all the help I can.

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 April 2018

At your location find consumer help groups, NGO’s that help such/CC matters without FEE or for reasonable fee and show full details of the matter…………

If there was NO admisson of debt in the past so many years that may reset the clock of limitation then IT may be hopelesly time barred.

The entry in CIBIL is the bone of contnetion as found by you and IT may be removed only by order from court of by payment ...

SINGH is kingg (Service)     26 April 2018

Thanks for a prompt reply, as a layman I understand that the recovery by the bank is not on the cards, and any underhanded peessure techniques employed by the banks can be sternly dealt with without the fear that the poluce in collusion even cannot do more than try to falsely intimjdate but arrest is not a real option for them. 

Secondly and more importantly, how about starting to take smaller loans maybe like a consumer durable loan or phone can i start rebuilding my cred it  or not?? In this context is there any way to maybe file bankruptcy or some way where i can start rwbuilding my credit to eventually get a home loan in the next  few years, please tell me this asI am planning to settle down amd fight life against all odds and  I am lost on this and no DEFINITE  details available online,.

Sincerely appreciate your input, RESPECT!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register