LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     23 July 2014

Credit card

i had entered into a negotiated settlement with HDFC Bank credit card for my niece, who is presently settled abroad. the amount to be paid was agreed to with the recovery agency as Rs. 35,500.00, the first installment   of Rs. 8500.00 was paid in cash through the agent, and the cheque for the second was paid through the bank amounting to Rs. 13500.00, in the month of November 2013. for reasons beyond my control, the last amount of Rs. 13500.00 got delayed. in the meanwhile my niece was in India and opened a saving account with the same HDFC Bank, they immediately marked their lien on the deposit of Rs. 18000.00 and transferred the same to the credit card account after 15 days. Before, the opening of this account I had already offered the bank a sum of Rs. 13500.00 for the closure of the credit card account, as per earlier settlement. they never replied to my offer, now after having an amount of Rs. 18000.00 they have started asking for a further amount of Rs. 20000.00, where as I have repeatedly written to them to adjust Rs. 13500.00 and return the balance to the saving account. Can the HDFC Bank credit card ask for such a heavy amount after having received Rs. 13500.00, i.e as of now their demand is Rs. 4500.00 + Rs. 20000.00, which means nearly double the amount from the previously pending installment of Rs.13500.00?????? will someone, please guide me, how to tackle the issue. I am sure about one thing, that Credit Card liability is a civil liability and not a Criminal liability, as far as law is concerned. Is the bank staff authorized to issue threats and use un parliamentary language in their phone calls?  please advice

Learning

2 Replies

VINOD VERMA (C E O)     23 July 2014

i had entered into a negotiated settlement with HDFC Bank credit card for my niece, who is presently settled abroad. the amount to be paid was agreed to with the recovery agency as Rs. 35,500.00, the first installment   of Rs. 8500.00 was paid in cash through the agent, and the cheque for the second was paid through the bank amounting to Rs. 13500.00, in the month of November 2013. for reasons beyond my control, the last amount of Rs. 13500.00 got delayed. in the meanwhile my niece was in India and opened a saving account with the same HDFC Bank, they immediately marked their lien on the deposit of Rs. 18000.00 and transferred the same to the credit card account after 15 days. Before, the opening of this account I had already offered the bank a sum of Rs. 13500.00 for the closure of the credit card account, as per earlier settlement. they never replied to my offer, now after having an amount of Rs. 18000.00 they have started asking for a further amount of Rs. 20000.00, where as I have repeatedly written to them to adjust Rs. 13500.00 and return the balance to the saving account. Can the HDFC Bank credit card ask for such a heavy amount after having received Rs. 13500.00, i.e as of now their demand is Rs. 4500.00 + Rs. 20000.00, which means nearly double the amount from the previously pending installment of Rs.13500.00?????? will someone, please guide me, how to tackle the issue. I am sure about one thing, that Credit Card liability is a civil liability and not a Criminal liability, as far as law is concerned. Is the bank staff authorized to issue threats and use un parliamentary language in their phone calls?  please advice

ADV-JEEVAN PATIL, MUMBAI ( DEEMED/CONVEYANCE OF BUILDING)     23 July 2014

Matter can be still settled at lowest payment to HDFCs irregularities. Contact local lawyer or write to me

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register