Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Biraja (S/W Engg)     25 September 2009

Credit Card Missused

Hello,

During 97' I have applied for a credit card from a private Bank and the card has been delivered to someon else (not in my address I have specified in the application form). As I didn;t get any information abt the card, thought my application might have rejected and I didn't bother to call and follow up with the Bank. However after about one year, got a mail from the Bank, I have to pay huge amout towards the card which I have never received. I have complained about this issue with the Bank and given all information from my side and asked them to provide me the transactions made and counterslip - however they never bothered to give me and kept silent. Again on 2004, received a mail from Bank, I have to pay around 2 L and they will settle the issue if I pay 35K. I have aksed the same set of questions - need all infoamtion abt the transactions, counter slip, et al - which would help me to find the person who has made the transactions - didn;t get any response. Now I got a mail from the bank, I need to pay around 8L. Could you please help me - how to getout of this issue and mental stress. Regards,Nath

Learning

3 Replies

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     28 September 2009

Lodge a complaint to the police first.   

Siva Kumar C (Customer care executive)     24 October 2009

Mr Bijra your case is too curious to hear and I assure if you are right in the information provided by you, you can sue the bank for causing the mental anguish and I would advise you to write to RBI regarding the same with proper evidences if possible, regarding the communication you made with the Bank. I would be glad if you update me about your proceedings about the issue.. As stated by Mr.Prakash you first lodge a complaint regarding the same with the police and retain a copy of complaint with you.

Daksh (Student)     14 December 2009

Mr.Bijra,

You may file a police complaint as well as lodge a written complaint with the bank as well telling them to escalate the matter to the Banking Ombudsmen.

Thanks and best regards

Daksh

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register