LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     11 June 2012

Cousin marriage

Me and my cousin is in love since 18 months....and also v r hindu by religion.....and both of us are 18+...

Our relation goes lyk dis way,she is-

"My dad's father's sister's son's daughter...."

we really love each other so much.......bt our family z against our relationship....

Is our relationship valid in terms of law??? Can we marriage legally??

Learning

12 Replies

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     11 June 2012

She is your paternal Aunt's grand daughter,so not a Sapinda relationship.Nothing wrong in marrying as not direct blood relationship.But don't go against the decision of the elders.

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     13 June 2012

thanks...u dnt knw hw much support u gave to me......

snt worry,v'll try to convince our parents....vl nt go against dem....

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     13 June 2012

Good decision,

Elders are always right,tomorrow we should not be in a same position with our children.Good Luck

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     14 June 2012

yeahh...i knw...bt still,i think dey shud understand it,that in which thng their children are happy and satisfied....mainly when its all about our whole lyf ahead....v understand it that its not in the view of our society,our culture,but still i wud jst lyk to say dat,dis society never can b satisfied,ppul can never b happy in nebudy's happiness....they'll still keep finding some or other gossips for others....the thing matters is our own satisfaction...our own happiness.....infact our parents too wanna c us happy whole lyf,then y do they dnt support us??? jst bcoz of this careless,unkind society ?? jst coz of the fear of their gossips??? is it legal to harass someone mentally lyk dis??

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     14 June 2012

yeahh...i knw...bt still,i think dey shud understand it,that in which thng their children are happy and satisfied....mainly when its all about our whole lyf ahead....v understand it that its not in the view of our society,our culture,but still i wud jst lyk to say dat,dis society never can b satisfied,ppul can never b happy in nebudy's happiness....they'll still keep finding some or other gossips for others....the thing matters is our own satisfaction...our own happiness.....infact our parents too wanna c us happy whole lyf,then y do they dnt support us??? jst bcoz of this careless,unkind society ?? jst coz of the fear of their gossips??? is it legal to harass someone mentally lyk dis??

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     14 June 2012

Parents will always think about a good future for their children.It is our duty to wlak in the way created by them.I feel everything wil go right in your case,only if you can convince them from both the sides.Tommorrow both of you should not repent what you have done or land in further troubles.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     26 August 2012

The marriage with cousine is not permisible in Hindues (except some areas).  You have not specified the area to which you belong.

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     27 August 2012

What kind of areas you are talking about ??

Living city??

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2012

Only in some areas cousine marriage is allowed in Hindu lest it is illegal.

For male entering into illegal marriage is a gamble.  if marriage fails he can even be charged for rape as he can be alleged to have had s*x by making the lady to believe to having legally married.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     27 August 2012

You referred to your parents and saidn "think dey shud understand it,that in which thng their children are happy and satisfied....mainly when its all about our whole lyf ahead"

Why should you not understand that what they think with largetr experience tha you may be right as you already believe that "its not in the view of our society,our culture"

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     28 August 2012

i didnt get your last point..

Himanshu Aggarwal (Student)     28 August 2012

ok we'll see to that....

let me tell youaone thng,everythng depends on us,means every relation works with our own efforts.....so nobody can either make it or break it...untill unless we want....

and ha,thnx for suggestions...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register