Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MSDENT000009 (Engineer)     24 September 2011

Court order for correction of place of birth in passport

Hi All,

I'm looking for a lawyer/attorney in either Warangal, A.P (Andhra Pradesh) or Hyderabad (AP) for filing a petition in the court under First Class Magistrate for correction of place of birth in the passport. While applying for a passport, my dad has filled 3 applications in parllel and one of the application was mine...I was actually born in Iran and when I was 5 returned to India...in the place of birth in my passport instead of Iran its listed as Hannumkonda  mistakenly which is my mom's home town where my sister and brother were born...but due to some reasons...I wanted to make this change in my passport for which the passport office in hyderabad has requested to get a court order from First class magistrate to make the place of birth change. I have talked to couple of friends whom I know and they had a place of birth issue for which they got the court order and the passport office has corrected...but unfortunately my friends who did this are from Chennai..If any of the lawyers in warangal (AP) or Hyderabad who are aware of this and can help me out..please let me know your phone mumber ...by sending me a private message and I would be calling to discuss further details.

Thanks,

MSDENT009

Learning

3 Replies

V.R.Natarajan (Lawyer)     13 October 2011

Mr.009 ifyou wereborn inIran,get a birth certificate at your place of birth, before you make an application, for correction of birth certificate at the magistrate court here.By way of evidence,you may produce documents about your birth details.Once you have the documents,it is an easy procedure,when the magistrate will issue the certificate in 45 days. If you were born in Iran,how did you come to India without a passport.So,take proper advice,so as not to complicate matters. V.R.Natarajan, Advocate

Taha (Proprieter)     15 June 2013

Hello

i am facing the similar situation

did you got the problem solved?

pls let me know the procedure.

or email me on 

tahanajmi@yahoo.com

Thanks

waiting for your reply

bharathram (projekt manager)     22 June 2014

Dear Mr. Natrajan , 

I am  facing problem with differences in  my Birth place in  passport and in Birth ceritificate . as its different from state to state we are advised to provide Court order from Embassy Munich  . can you please help me regarding this with procedure to apply for Court order .

regards, 

Bharath

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register