Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Jack (AVP)     12 March 2013

Court order for change in place of birth in passport

Hi,

I had recently applied for a reissue of my passport which expired in 2008. In 1998, when I applied for a passport, the agent through whom I had applied for the passport had mentioned my place of birth as 'Nanded, Maharashtra', which was updated on the passport. But my actual place of birth is Thiruvalla, Kerala. As I was born before 1989, I did not have a birth certificate to prove my correct place of birth, and till a few years ago, there was no provision to change the place of birth in a passport.

Now, after a lot of efforts, I obtained my birth certificate from my native place. When I applied for a change in place of birth, I was told that I will need a court order too. I approached a few lawyers too through an agent, but all kept on telling that there is no need for a court order and that the Passport office can make the change as I have the proof. I also had an affidavit prepared. When I approached the Passport office, they asked me to obtain a 1st class judicial magistrate's court order. Again the lawyers keep on telling there's no need for a court order and that even if I apply, the court just rejects the request. Now, how do I obtain this? Is it possible for me to directly approach a court and obtain it? Or is it possible to change the place of birth without a court order? Please advice. Thanks.

Learning

7 Replies

Advocate Kishor Hajare (Advocate)     14 March 2013

Dear,

kindly obtain the court order showing the change of birth address as suggested by the passport officials.Approach more advocates and engage them for your such work. However if no advocates accepts your case, them moved the application your self in the court and appear party in person before the court seeking relief.

Regards

Kishor Hajare/9930647734/hajare.kishor@rediffmail.com

bharathram (projekt manager)     22 June 2014

Dear Jack  , 

I also have same problem . my case is Tamilnadu Vs Kerala . Have you found any Lawyer ? Can you help me with some tipps  . can you send me sample of Court order .,

Chetan   17 September 2015

Jack /baharatram could tell me the procedure as i have same issue.

Adv. Saurab J Dubey   18 November 2015

In case the birth year differance is more than 2 years, you need to get declaraton of court on the subject along-with other necessasry document(s).

You need to make a simple draft for declaration and file either before judicial magistrate or before civil court, with a sufficient proof of documents relating thereto also with proper reason which shows your unability to do at the time of fresh issue of passport.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register