LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SG (Analyst)     20 June 2011

Court notice on property

My father has a flat in mumbai.  History of the property - My father's family (his father, mother & 2 brothers) came from a village to mumbai somewhere in 1970s. My grandfather was a tenant then in this same flat for few years, he died & then my father who was the eldest started working & bought this flat in 1980 after the housing cooperation asked the tenants (then) to purchase the flats as they were no more in the position to pay the rents, maintenance etc. So the flat from then on was in the name of my father & he was the only person paying rent, maintenance to the society. Just few days ago there was a court notice send to my father from his brothers saying they have equal rights in this flat. My question is how will they have the rights if this property was not owned by my grandfather ?? (I mean its not inherited, so how are they asking a share??). Also, my parents are out of the country now, they have not seen the notice yet. They came to know about this from other sources in mumbai. What could be the implication if they are not there now??

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register