Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Arjun   23 October 2016

Court fees for divorce judgement copy and divorce decree

Hi,

I have been charged 30000 INR by my lawyer for getting a copy of divorce judgement from family court and for getting a copy of divorce decree from high court, which would be recieved after 6-8 months. Please let me know if it takes 6-8 months, to get divorce decree from high court, after family court has granted divorce ?

Can someone kindly help by responding to the following queries also,

Is there any Court Fees levied for getting the copy of divorce judgement from family court ? How much are the charges ?

Also, is there any court fee levied for getting a divorce decree From high court, based on the divorce judgement granted by family court ? How much are the charges ?

Thanks & Regards

Arjun

Learning

9 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     23 October 2016

Arju there is two type of fee charges by the court.

A) Urgent case @ 5 Rs per page of judgement

B) Non Urgent case @ 10 Rs. for wole judgement.

I think your divorce judgement may be 25 pages then it would cost you Rs. 75/- for delivery with in 6 dyas of judgement.

If u like my solution the will u give THANK on my LCI profile.?

A walk alone (-)     23 October 2016

Why you waste 30000/- in getting copy of judgement from lawyer? Are you not educated? The thing which can obtain within 300/- you spend 100 times more money. You can yourself get copy from court. You just waste your money . Only for getting copy of judgment you pay 30000/- to lawyer can you tell how much you pay fee your lawyer for fighting case?

A walk alone (-)     23 October 2016

Please give thanks to adv.bharat@PUNE

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 October 2016

The charges of copy have been explained.

Everyone can benefit.

Arjun   26 October 2016

Hi All, 

Thanks for your responses.

Looks like, I have been ripped off by my lawyer from fees point of view.

I just sought clarifications from the lawyer, on the fees issue.

Lawyer mentioned to me that the court fees would be INR 8000, which includes, the fees for the copy of judgement from family court and fees for the high court to get copy of divorce decree.

I have asked them for further break up and the actual fees levied by the family court and high court.

The lawyer will call me today evening for the same.I will brief you all about this.

Coming back to the question of how much money I have spent on this case. I have realised that I have been taken for a ride by this lawyer, as the lawyer is reputed and I paid the price for the same.

DOES 8000 INR look reasonable (I am not aware of the high court fees, to seek divorce decree) ?

Arjun   26 October 2016

Thanks advocate Bharat.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 October 2016

Next time:

Spend quality time on your own case.

Consult in advance.

Rehana Bano   22 July 2019

Hi All ,

What is the right fees of lawyer to get divorce decree after court allready grant my divorce

Divya Kanchan   08 August 2023

what is the fees for the certified copy, of the divorce end process, the case has been disposed, in mutual way, just need the certified copy of final divorce, what is the charges for that, how much does lawyer charge in Mumbai

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register