LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh (-)     01 March 2010

Court Case Status

I have seen that there is a good online portal for Madras Hight Court, which provides the online case status. It doesn't give anything more than the current status, petitioner's/respondent's name and the advocates' names. Is there any online means to find out what exactly the case is or any additional info?

Learning

3 Replies

YN Gaikwad (self)     01 March 2010

Some courts have very good information avaialble online for high court as well as lower courts.  For example: In Maharashtra they have all the information avaialble online for most of the districts. The information includes name of the parties, advocates, , date of filing, current status etc.

But, very few states have all such information available online. I strongly feel that there should be transperancy in the legal systems and procedures so that faith in the legal system will be restored. Also, it would be easy for litigants to take appropriate actions. This would save lot of time and speed-up the processess.

I think Karnataka, Tamilandu have poor digitization for lower courts inspite being IT-capital. I think that is a big concern.

(Guest)

The answer lies in shooting an RTI Application to respective Courts including State HC. I am sure there must be guidelines from District and Sessions Judge onwards to Hon'ble CJ of a State High Court level via circulars / guidelines / procedures for uploading litigant info. services for common man usage. 
All these comes under 'public documents' clause / definition under RTI Act, 2005.
You may try to RTI respective authorites and ask first if there exists any such guidelines issued from their Hon'ble Office then ask who are responsible public servant who are supposed to follow them then ask if they are being followed then ask penalty for not following them.
Hope you get my point !
Automatically things will roll in respective District Courts / respective HC information system for "common public".
BTW, rules / circulars / guidelines does exists especially in each and every Govt. department from top to bottom and vice versa it only needs little tweaking by activists.
Regards,

krishna VVG (Advocate)     15 March 2010

If anyone have bail cancellation and enhancement of punishment petition.If any one have these things plss forward me..

gk9209@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register